Visa Run

Hi All,

I have a multiple entry visa for Saudi Arabia. It is valid for 90 days but in this case i have not yet received my iqama so i cannot stay for longer than 30 days at a time. My employer needs to send me out of the country for a few hours before i will be allowed to re-enter for another 30 days. Does anyone know where they can send me nearby for a few hours where i will not need a visa to enter? eg. Bahrain, Abu Dhabi....etc.

I don't know why my employer is asking ME where i can go?!?!? They have no clue!!

PLEASE HELP!!! MY LAST DAY IS FRIDAY!!

Thanks in advance!!

U can go anywhere....Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Egypt, so leave Wednesday to be safe side.

edit: sorry what's your nationality ?

hamudi wrote:

U can go anywhere....Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Egypt, so leave Wednesday to be safe side.

edit: sorry what's your nationality ?

edit 2: u can go wherever your passport allows you on arrival visa

I am South African. I was supposed to go to Sham El Shaikh in Egypt but apparently i need to arrange a visa to enter.

missyfrancis14 wrote:

I am South African. I was supposed to go to Sham El Shaikh in Egypt but apparently i need to arrange a visa to enter.

For Sharm ? Really...wow..I guess u r SOL then, just find a country closer so u can do a visa run.

I had colleagues who went to Eritrea.. Ethiopia, so try those..like I said wherever u get visa on arrival u r good to go.

Or just go to SA, Wakka Wakka eh eh...

LOL!!!

Thanks!!

I wish they would send me back to South Africa, even for a day!! Not gona happen!!

Can you tel me what the process is for getting a visa at the airport?? I wouldn't know where to go!!

:/

Oh, and is there a cost involved??

Having South African passport, you can travel to Jordan or Oman and get visa on arrival, spend some hours or more and get back here.
Other nearby options are Dubai, Bahrain, Qatar but I am not sure you will get visa on arrival there.

As visa changes happen frequently check with the country's immigration before travelling.

Thank you kindly for your advice.

I will see if i can find out more from those places.

missyfrancis14 wrote:

Thank you kindly for your advice.

I will see if i can find out more from those places.

Upon arrival in :

Oman :- You get a one month Visa On Arrival for 20 Omani Riyals
Bahrain :- You have to apply online for a visit visa for 30 Bahraini Dinars processed in 3 days everything online !
Jordan :- Visa On Arrival

*For Bahrain , you may give a try by crossing on the causeway for visa on arrival !
As you have a business visa issued from Saudi Arabia , Bahrain Immigration on the causeway may give you entry !
This is the phone number for "Passports Department on the Causeway  +973 1779 6554 , ring them up and ask them if they may allow you as you hold a business visa for Saudi Arabia , but if you want to travel only by air and arrive at airport in Bahrain , log onto Electronic Visa - Kingdom of Bahrain! and sit at home and get a visa ;)

Regarding Egypt , the visa rules are unclear !
Make a call to the Egyptian Embassy , I guess you can be allowed to Sharm El Sheikh and just stay in the resorts !
It's better to get the info straight from the embassy !

Safe landings  :cheers:

Wow, a lot of info, thanks so much. Very helpful!!!

Do you know if my passport needs to be stamped when i get to wherever i'm going? To show the Saudi Embassy that i actually went into another country? Or do i just need to leave Saudi and then get a new stamp on re-entering Saudi??? Sorry for all the questions!!

missyfrancis14 wrote:

Do you know if my passport needs to be stamped when i get to wherever i'm going? To show the Saudi Embassy that i actually went into another country? Or do i just need to leave Saudi and then get a new stamp on re-entering Saudi??? Sorry for all the questions!!

Are you going to a country that stamps on paper instead of passport :P ?

Maybe while arriving again to Saudi Arabia , the Immigration officer may ask you "where are you coming from" , and if he doesn't see a stamp he may be suspicious !

Well , I suggest you to get your passport stamped upon entering the other country , just tell the immigration officer to keep a stamp on a specific page , if you are full of stamps ,,

Unless you're going to "the country" that stamps on paper !