New members of the Mexico forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Thanks Sonia...Just any details you can tell me...on how to get from town to town...place
to place.  I will fly into Guanajuato,...and  take the bus to San Miguel de Allende.. After being
there for a few days...i want to visit other towns in Mexico..or tour much of the country..if
possible.  Any info on that is appreciated....have a great week...Connie

Hello All,

We are in Mexico at this stage for six months, enjoying many of the aspects of this fine country.

We will be Housesitting and have some time free over the six months and would be happy to assist you in looking after your pets and house as you plan to travel and or visit your homeland..

We have references and you can find us on Facebook @totraveltoo or totraveltoo.com.

Kind Regards

Jane & Duncan

Hello! I am planning on moving to the Chapala area. If anyone has any information on that area I would appreciate all I can get. Thank you!
Beth

Hi Beth...Right now I am reading up on Costa Rica....as I have changed my mind..and will be going
there instead of Mexico.  I read that CR has more freedoms... It's 35% less money to live there then
in the states, and Mexico is 50% less..but I choose freedom over all. As far as Lk. Chapala...
I would just read, read...everything you can..on the net...it's best way to go.  I do know
that there is a huge expat group there...I mean huge... which does not really thrill
me...but you'll have plenty of people to talk to.  The lake is not very swimmable..but
they are trying to bring it back...Blissings, Connie

Hi! Connie,

Thank you for your information. We have been tossing the idea around about moving to Mexico then Belize now Mexico again. Belize has huge duty taxes and that was the only reason we went back to the plan of moving to Mexico. So I have a question what do you mean by freedom? 

Have a nice day!
Beth

Hi B...Just found a site,...'Free existence.org'...type
in the freedoms that are important to you..and you'll
see what i mean....Take care, Connie

Hello,
My name is Michael Naumann. I live in the Chicago area. I am hoping to move to Los Mochis, Mexico. I need your help. I want to find a job there. I am really open to any kind of work, but I have 23 years experience as a teacher/educator/tutor. I love to teach kids and I love languages. My Spanish level is beginner, but I am very willing to adapt.

Greetings, We are a couple from Northern Michigan who are ready to flee the winters and white flakes falling from the sky.  We were raised in the Midwest but lived in San Francisco for nearly 30 years and are now back in the cold.  We are retired from the field of addiction treatment and for the past 15 years also B&B owners.  We have spent time in Mexico but primarily coastal areas and BC.
Now we are looking at SMA and planning to come for a few weeks in August-September.  If all works as we hope and when the house sells, then we will come for an extended stay of however long we want.  The lifestyle is so appealing to us at this time in our lives. We long for less "stuff",  simpler ways to spend our days, fresh farm markets, and getting to know new friends.

Beth Hello, I recommend Merida Yucatan where the new wonder is the castle of Chichen Itza, Merida has beautiful beaches and great weather of tropical character, Greetings my name is Ivan Rodriguez

Hi
I'm from Monterrey México, I would like to meet people from your country

:)

Beach Merida?   Merida is god awful hot in summer and the nearest beach is on the Gulf in Progreso.  Which isn't near as nice as the beaches you encounter going from Cancun south.  Merida has lovely colonial feel and lots of culture but a beach no.

Hi Connie,

I used to live in your area and I can see why a warn trip south would be welcome. You best bet to get around would be the tour buses . There are buses that travel from town to town that are fairly luxurious. Some go just from town to town others are actual tours.  I would suggest checking out buses on line. Do you speak Spanish ?

Iarc_26,

I think Ivan Rodriguez has confused Merida with some other town. Merida has no beaches. It's often a very hot city which is a large capital city. Getting around in Merida takes some time to adjust to. It's a fine city if you can tolerate big, hot, no beaches , humidity and Mosquitoes. It does have a charming main street , lovely old buildings and a fair amount of shopping and restaurants. It is fairly close to Chicken Itza, but then it seems once your in the Yucatan many signs point to Chicken itza.. Perhaps he is thinking of Progreso which is not very far from Merida and it does have  some beaches and provides cruise ship anchorage. It is much smaller, and less complicated than Merida.

For us say our beach meridians by the proximity to the port of progress that we have no more than 20 min, and clear if you compare with the Caribbean Sea is certainly better caribbean ... But in the Caribbean not encontrars the tranquility of our beaches ... And in terms of heat if vera or too hot, but ideal for people who come looking esoooo presisamente: Heat

Iarc_26,

I think Ivan Rodriguez has confused Merida with some other town. Merida has no beaches. It's often a very hot city which is a large capital city. Getting around in Merida takes some time to adjust to. It's a fine city if you can tolerate big, hot, no beaches , humidity and Mosquitoes. It does have a charming main street , lovely old buildings and a fair amount of shopping and restaurants. It is fairly close to Chicken Itza, but then it seems once your in the Yucatan many signs point to Chicken itza.. Perhaps he is thinking of Progreso which is not very far from Merida and it does have  some beaches and provides cruise ship anchorage. It is much smaller, and less complicated than Merida.

You better not spell Progreso with two ss in Mexico.   If you do the locals will beat you.  It is a Mexican town not an English one.   It is very nice sea side place but it isn't in Merida.

Hi Sonia,

Just curious what draws you to SMA,    Does one have to live in the center to really enjoy the city?  How does SMA Guanajuato compare to  Ajijic Jalisco?   Is the preference at the State level or the cities?   Is weather pretty much the same in both locations?   I have read that Chapala winters are nicer.   Really though I know that both are paradise compared to Michigan winters for sure.

That's right .. Well would not understand our ideology greetings !!!

Greetings!!  I have not put my house up for sale yet but working on the plan.   Was in Mexico in December and made me want to come back and sell everything.   

thanks

Connie I looked into that site and found that you can't go by that site at all. I lived in South Africa for years and according to that website it should have been ranked high on the list for crime and corruption, and it wasn't. Also I have a very good friend that lives in Denmark and there is lots of corruption going on there as well. I will almost guarantee you there is no country in this world that is perfect you will always find something wrong even if it's just a small amount. I saw South Africa go down the tubes by propaganda and I am seeing it happen right before my very own eyes here too. The only way any of us are going to be out of harms way is to buy an island with not one single human being on it.

Hi everybody,

We are completely off topic here. :/
Please note that this thread has been created to encourage new members to introduce themselves only.
If you have already introduced yourself and want to communicate with other members or if you have questions to ask, please create a new thread on the Mexico forum.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Daniel, we are from No MI as well. Just listed our home this past weekend. We are going to SMA IN August to check it out. Curious where you are from on MI. We are in Traverse City area.  This past winter pushed us over the edge it seems.

Hi,
I live in Bloomfield Township.   South of Pontiac.   This last winter was brutal.   Traverse City is very nice though but yes the winters here are not fun.  Have to stay indoors most of the time.  That is one of the things I like about Mexico.  People are outside alot of the time. You can extend your living space into the outside and enjoy it.. year around.

Retired ESL teacher.Have been traveling to many places in Mexico for the last twenty years. Started traveling in South America last year. Fairly high level of Spanish. Right now, I'm spending a lot of time in the Yucatan. I'll be visiting SMA for a couple of weeks this summer to attend the International Chamber Music Festival. I hope to meet and talk with some expats -- the Yucatan is GREAT from November through February but it's too hot for me the rest of the year. I'm interested to explore how others have a "serial" residence lifestyle -- based on seasons, interests (like urban cultural "versus" pueblito tranquil), coast or mountains, etc.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : No promotion of external groups or blogs on the forum please.

Thanks all ,, I am Newbie in this forum, My name is JIGNESH THAKKAR (Male/46) from INDIA ,

I am a civil engineer and practicing on my own here in Mumbai,India since 20 years having experience in building rehabilitation /waterproofing of structure .. Languages known by me is English and  Hindi

If any body do have any business /job offer suitable to my profile ,i will be happy to know about ,

Regards to all

Hi,

Yes, I will be joining a bank in Mexico. Being a Muslim I wanted to know about my life in Mexico.

Thanks.

Hola!  I am hoping to move to Merida with my husband soon to teach EFL!

Hi all,

I am Alberto from Spain. Looking forward to have a great time over there in Mexico!!

Just make sure what ever you do that you comply with all of Mexican immigration laws about what you must do before you attempt to work in Mexico,

Just joined this site.  Ive been on other expat sites and I travel around so always seeking more information.
Im a single female retired & currently live in the Ensenada area in Punta Banda with my 2 Pekingese.  I have lived in Tijuana and Rosarito in the past and spent 2014 traveling around the U.S. on homestays & farmstays and then returned to Baja in 2015.
My 2016 plan is to travel in the state of Sonora (while the weather is cooler) and then go farther south in the Highlands to escape the heat and get away from the tourists areas.

Gail,my partner and I reside in San Miguel De Allende,and have lived here for around 3 years,both of us have lived in Mexico for over 6 years.She comes from Chapala I come from Manzanillo,and we met here.I lived in Ayutla,Jalisco,for a year or so.
This coming November we will move to Ensenada,Baja,I really miss the salt air.However,I have heard from people living there,that there is a serious water supply problem,as will be the case in SMA in a few years.When in Manzanillo,
I experienced extremely heavy rains when hurricanes were just off the coast,or a tropical depression bushed us.A five gallon bucket over flowed from just rain over night from one storm.So water there isn't a problem,it is on the same latitude as Hawaii,so it is very tropical,the humidity can be a killer though.
Both of us are retired,she is a volley ball fanatic,I am a writer,among other passions.I use to vacation to Mexico with my late wife for about 18 years.
Live long and prosper,grasshopper.

Hi Sofia,

I will be in Queretaro, about 2 hours from Mexico City. IF you happen to visit Queretaro, I would certainly love to show Queretaro around to you. By the way, I moving back to Mexico after living 5 yeas in the USA, so no problem if you want speak English as well.

Hi Connie,

I will be living in Queretaro within the next 3 weeks, about 45 minutes from SMA. Shoot me a message if you want to meet up one day and explore Mexico.

Hello everyone!

Hi,

I am here in Chetumal, Quintana Roo, México, running a indian restaurant since 3 years,

Hi Connie!

I have just arrived myself about a week ago in San Miguel de Allende and considering it as a possible new home. I'm enjoying the city and would love to meet someone else also just arriving. Are you still in town? We could meet up at the Jardin for a coffee and share our experiences.

:-)
Billy

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=495032

Thanks!

Closed