New members of the Australia forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Australia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Australia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Australia forum, introduce yourself here – 1st quarter of 2015 continues below!

Thank you for this welcome message. I would just like to ask anyone who is already a Financial Investment Adviser in Australia. I'm interested to be one. I already have an international designation recognized in Australia. Looking for sound advice. Thank you so much!

Hello Julien and fellow members of expatblog.

I am a public relations/comms professional. I am moving to Canberra at the end of this July (State sponsorship PR visa) with hubbie (Human Resources professional) and two daughters (8 and 4).

Top priority is looking for furnished temp (min. 4 months) accommodation in the Watson or similar locations and good school and kindie/daycare for our daughters and of course a job :) 

I have 15+ years of experience working for international development and public health research organisations in Nepal and Bangladesh with academic/professional qualifications from Senegal, India and the UK.   

Any advice on housing, schools, jobs, Canberra life/living expenses in general will be most welcome and very seriously taken!

Best wishes,

Nasmeen

Hi all,

This is to say hello as new member.
I have just moved to Melbourne nearly one year. I hope we all have interesting things to share and learn from each other.
Wish you guys all the best.

Hi All,

Thanks for the warm welcome Julien!

This is Mandeep. I am from India, migrated to Melbourne about 5 months back. By profession, I am a Software Test Analyst with more than 6 years of industry experience.

I have family and friends here, so housing and moving around hasn't been much of a hassle yet. My top priority at the moment is to get a job suiting my skills and experience.

I am excited to be a part of this group and looking forward to all our future interactions and discussions.

Warm Regards

Hi Lily, Mandeep,

Would love to hear of your experiences so far - especially on schooling and job searches. How effective are the employment agencies.......?

Best wishes,

Nasmeen

I need information on how to smoothly move to Australia for medical practice.
Presently I am a resident doctor in Nigeria.
Thank YOU ,

Dr Nkemakolam Uneze

Hi Nasmeen,

I have been searching for a job for about 1.5 months now and what I have learnt so far is that it is little difficult to get into a job here without local experience or qualification. However, good networking can be of real help. Your LinkedIn profile is taken quite seriously, so make sure you stay updated and connected on that. The employment agencies are probably too full of candidate profiles to pay attention to yours, thus you need to push really hard to get past them. Good communication skills are definitely a plus. Please see that my experience is solely restricted to job search in the field of software testing, can't say whether it is the same for your field or not.
I am afraid I won't be able to comment on the schooling part as I don't have any knowledge on that.

Warm Regards

Hi all,

Please note that we are on the new members presentation thread.

If you have any other questions or enquiries, please create a new thread in the Australia forum to discuss.

Job seeking, please post your ad in the Jobs in Australia section.

Thank you,
Marjorie

am from ghana and am african..black i must say and i currently want to move to australia to start my life there as a single man...am 26 years of age though and i want to know if australia is a very good place to start life .......are the people there friendly to black people.especially,males ...is it easy finding a job there in australia...pls ......pls some body answer me

thank you...

playroom

playroom wrote:

am from ghana and am african..black i must say and i currently want to move to australia to start my life there as a single man...am 26 years of age though and i want to know if australia is a very good place to start life .......are the people there friendly to black people.especially,males ...is it easy finding a job there in australia...pls ......pls some body answer me

thank you...

playroom

Welcome to the forum.

As a new member I suggest that you read through the many posts in the forum categories list on the right hand side of this page. There is information there that may be of help to you.
Unless you have a specialized skill, with qualifications and experience it will be near impossible for you to find work here. This is because unemployment is rising and it is very difficult for locals to find work so any expats will have no luck at all. 
Sorry to sound negative but that is the reality.

Hi all!
I am a pro Artist, a pro Hairstylist and I've been teaching to students. I'm very young but I want to go the Australia so that I can continue my dreams.

Hi All,

Originally from Sri Lanka, being living in Melb for over 6 years now, Electrical Eng by profession.

First time in a forum, don't know what to post, I thought I'll just say Hi :)

Hi all
I am from ethiopia and i have BA degree in economics and iwant to work there in related economic department or if its possible i want to learn masters in economics or related department

Hi All,

I am Sudharshan from Sri Lanka - an experienced web developer/team lead. I am planning to migrating to Australia and I already submitted my EOI and waiting for the response. I would like to get to know about the people in Australia and share my information also.

Thanks.

Thank you for a warm welcome i am a truck mechanic(qualified) apprentice trained. Truck maintanence and servicing is my life, i am looking forward to work in Sydney or around. I would like to ask if there is anyone with infor about vacancies there.

Thank you good day

Hi, all)))
I`m from Ukraine. I want to live in Australia and i`m looking for Ukrainians who already live there. I wanna know all the aspects and nuances about life, job and study for small children...

Ukrainianssssss, looking for...

Hi, my name is Ruud, living in Sittard in the Netherlands. Currently having conversations with my Employer for an assignment in Melbourne Australia for the period of approx. 3 years. If everything go as planned I will move, together with my wife, by the end of august 2015 to Melbourne. So, exiting times to come and looking forward to integrate into a new community. :)

Greetings to everyone!

This is a great platform to know the country briefly even before reaching there. I wish here I can get most of all my queries answered and being suggested for my immense hope to visit (and live in someday)Australia. :)

I am Ankita, a graduate Architect from Delhi, India.I have just finished my Architecture and wish to explore,learn and work in a natural serene environment and also to earn consequently. My inclination towards nature, beauty , peace and lifestyle has what drawn me towards Oceania.

Please guide me for working as an Architect there. The scope of the profession, cities,tourism,education, work routines culture and survival hacks(pretty much everything) ! ;)

Thanks already

Love,
Ankita

Thats nice Ruud... Hope to see you sometime.. but I am at Canberra!

Hi there Julian,
I came to Sydney with my son Richard in December to stay permanently, I did live here 42 years ago . I came from South Africa but am originally dutch, I am a retired music teacher and still love music, if there is anyone out there who would want to use a pianist/ accompanist I am here I did run a charitable organisation  in Cape Town entertaining senior citizens. 
Vaudeville

Hello This is Chrys. Am at the beginning stage to apply for Skilled Migrant (state sponsor) and get to know that South Australia is the state which sponsor my profession. I am a Music Teacher and my hubby is a motor mechanic. Would love to know more about Adelaide as well as all of you ! Let's Stay in touch and i hope can move over ASAP

hi everybody ,

my name is will from indonesia . I have a Bs. degree from notable university here and i wish that i can move there to find my profesional jobs in Melbourne/sydney. As i plan to continue my master study

Hi everyone. I'm Liezel Matthee and we as a family like to know how easy it is to immigrate to Australia? We are thinking to go to Brisbane, Perth, or Melbourne. We are a sporty family. I'm playing tennis for Boland (playing provinsional and National tennis tournaments, currently nr 24 In SA Seniors tennis) and my husband is canoeing on the rivers and the sea (Surfski). We are also marathon runners, so we really like the outdoors.  Our daughter is in grade 11 and will finish her matric next year. I'm the Senior Secretary for the Deputy Registrar at University Stellenbosch and my husband is  a Software Developer in the IT.  We would like to know where we can stay near universities and enjoy also the nature to do our activities.  Is it difficult to get in Australia with our type of jobs?  Were do we start the process?

Hi,i'm planning to move to Sydney and pursue my masters degree as well as get a good job. Moving to Sydney in June,UWS...

Hi all,
I like to know Africa. I thought of  doing some volunteer work, get to know them and spend some good time as well.
It will be great if I can meet somebody who can spend time with me in Melbourne!
I am south asian  male and like to know about african girls, culture, way of life etc. Hopefully visit a country like Uganda one day!

you can reply to me..

thanks,
Nake

hello everyone, i am Colombia surf instructor and a business adminstrator, i been in this nice country for the last weeks , learning about the local economy, business culture, surfing great waves and also Looking for a part time job.
email: [email protected].

I always wanted to see myself walking at this country (Australia) but i end up myself dreaming. I hope someday I'm going to find myself there enjoying and having fun with other people in Australia.

I'm Sugath karandana from Sri lanka.I'm a Ex Military Officer & Mechanical Engineer

Hi
Am thushari dilrushi. I like to Migrate to australia with my family .
i am a junior school teacher in a private organization .

Hi
I would like to live my life in aussi with my family
Thanks
Thushari

thushari dilrukshi wrote:

Hi
I would like to live my life in aussi with my family
Thanks
Thushari

First thing to do is see if you qualify for a visa www.immi.gov.au   

Please also read through the posts in the forum categories section, right hand side of this page for information.

Australia is an expensive country to live in.

Hello,
My husband and me would like going  to brisbane in october for studying in QUT.
I speack english not very well but i'm trying.
I would like to know a country's culture, a people who live here, life in brisbane....

Thank's for your answers

Hey everyone, Im looking for political related opportunities within the trade and diplomatic fields. Im a mexican/spanish national living in Barcelona but looking forward to move to Australia. Any recommendations?

Regarding my profile, I have built upon my professional experience within foreign affairs while assisting several diplomatic missions, the UNESCO headquarters in Paris, anTrade Promotion Agencies. Currently I work at the foreign affairs office at the Barcelona Provincial Council where I assist in the efforts towards promoting small and medium cities internationally. I am fluent in Spanish, English and Catalan, while I speak a solid amount of French.

I'll appreciate any advise.

Kind regards,

Alina Orrico Cabeza-Llorente
34 610 940 128
linkedin.com/profile/view?id=106715185&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile
@alinaorrico

Hi, newbie here. I am contemplating a move to Austrailia but I'm unsure where to start. I'm a newly qualified Social worker, 30 and female.

Thanks

Nicola

Nicolarandall1 wrote:

Hi, newbie here. I am contemplating a move to Austrailia but I'm unsure where to start. I'm a newly qualified Social worker, 30 and female.

Thanks

Nicola

Try this website for visa information   www.immi.gov.au   also read through the posts in the forum categories list on the right hand side of this page.

Hi All,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hi, newbie here. This is Nelson. I am from Nigeria, I like to Migrate to Australia with my family but don;t know where to start. I am a Sound Engineer/Movie Editor. I work in Nigeria with a private organization as quality controller. I have 8 years of industry experience. I would like to live
Melbourne with my family My top priority at the moment is to migrate to Australia, then get a job suiting my skills and experience.

I am excited to be a part of this group and looking forward to all our future interactions and discussions. :)

Nelson

Lite28 wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hi, newbie here. This is Nelson. I am from Nigeria, I like to Migrate to Australia with my family but don;t know where to start. I am a Sound Engineer/Movie Editor. I work in Nigeria with a private organization as quality controller. I have 8 years of industry experience. I would like to live
Melbourne with my family My top priority at the moment is to migrate to Australia, then get a job suiting my skills and experience.

I am excited to be a part of this group and looking forward to all our future interactions and discussions. :)

Nelson

Welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you read through the many informative posts in the forum categories list on the right hand side of this page.
There you will get information about visas and other things.

You will need to find out if you qualify for a visa  www.immi.gov.au 

Cost of living is very high,rents, food, travel, medical insurance, schooling etc  www.numbeo.com 

Unemployment is rising here and so it is very very hard for expats like yourself to find a job unless they have a skill that no local has. Your type of work can be done by a local.

Hi Nicola,
I'm currently in Scotland visiting my sister, I have lived in Australia for 21 years, I will be going back on Thursday. Where in Australia are you thinking of going to? I live in Sydney and have lived in Victoria for a short while. There are often jobs advertised for Social Workers in most States, some pay better than others & conditions vary.

I hope I have been helpful, if you want to know anything more, just drop me a note.

Regards

Suzanne

Hi i live in sa and wanting to move to austalia but need to find work first and dont know were to start. I am a quilified  mechanic

Closed