Brazil Tourist visa for Indians

Hi everyone,
Good day.
I am from south india and I am planning to go to brazil as a tourist to meet my friend family.

Can someone please let me know a good agency in south india who can assist me.
Also please let me know is it  necessary to get letter from the company I work to apply for tourist visa?

Many thanks in advance.

Hello Dhaya,

Good luck with that!!! If you have read any of my past postings about the treatment of visa applications by citizens of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh you would already know that you are in for a long uphill battle to obtain a visa, if you are granted one at all.

The requirements for citizens of those countries are much more rigorous than those from most other countries. Even when a citizen of India, Pakistan or Bangladesh is lucky enough to be granted a visa at all it is almost always a "single use" visa that permits a very limited stay (anywhere from one week to a month at most) in Brazil. Ususally they are only considered for the 5 year, multiple entry VITUR Tourist Visa following a successful visit to Brazil and subsequent return to their homeland. Not fair, not just in any way, you might say - and I would be the first to agree with you. However it is legal, international law permits any nation to make their own immigration rules and to apply them as they see fit, even if they are not applied evenly right across the board.

Regarding any agency you might look for to facilitate issuance of a visa I can tell you that they don't do anything that you couldn't do yourself dealing directly with the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in Mumbai or New Delhi (whichever has jurisdiction over the city where you reside). They will charge you an outrageous amount for whatever they actually do, and they will offer you no guarantee whatsoever as to the success of obtaining a visa (because they simply can't guarantee you will). If anyone tells you they can guarantee a visa, then it's a fraud or the visa will be a fake and if you arrive here with counterfeit documents you run the risk of deportation and criminal charges, so be very careful for your own sake.

See the following link to the Brazilian Embassy in Mumbai outlining the VITUR Tourist Visa requirements:

http://mumbai.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/to … tur%29.xml

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

Hello James,
Good day.
Thank you so much for you valuable time and helping me with the information.

Could you please let me clarify that my first time visa will be for 1 week or a month and if i successfully back to india, then next time i can get 5 year tourist visa?

Thank you so much once again.

Yes, that is usually what the Consulado-Geral do Brasil issues for first time applicants from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. The exact amount of time you will be allowed for a visit will actually be determined by the Visa Issuing Officer at the Consulado when you go for your personal interview. Generally first time applicants don't get a 5 year / 90 day / multiple entry visa, but that is what you should request anyway.

It's likely that at the interview you'll get anywhere from 7 days up to a maximum of 30 days to visit, but who knows? You might get very lucky and get more.

Cheers,
James

thank you very much James :) Hope i will be lucky :D