New employment visa cancellation

Dear Friends,

I recently got an offer from a local omani company and they have secured an employment visa on my name also. but 2 days ago , i also got an offer from one very reputed company in oman, please clarify that whether my new company can apply for a new employment visa on my name, i have not entered oman on my previously issued visa.

Please reply as soon as possible.

For the benefit of the other forum members, I re-post my comments again here :

Hi lalit6233,

If a visa has been issued in your name and with your passport number on it, you cannot enter the country any other way. Your visa would have to be cancelled and a new visa has to be applied and taken if you want to come on another sponsor's visa.

Your first employer can make it difficult for you if they wish to. They will not cancel your visa. And till such time it expires on its own (after 3 months), they can reapply for another visa. So effectively your entry is barred for 6 months. Often times this is done just to spite the employee for not joining them.

Nowadays with the necessity of the NOC required things have become more difficult for all expatriates. But since you have not entered the country, you might escape this hassle.

Politely refuse your first employer and request him to cancel your visa. Give some other and convincing reason for not taking up the offer. If they even get to sniff that you are planning on joining someone else, then you are throwing the doors open for unnecessary opportunities for your first employer to make your life difficult.