Recognised Qualification

Hi,

I was trying to update my Expression of Interest over the nz immigration site.

Under Recognised Qualification section... I am just wondering if my Cisco Certification (Cisco Certified Network Professional) would be considered? or can I input it as well?

I do have an Engineering degree but it is not an IT degree and it doesn't really have anything to do with my work experience and current work. (Senior Network Engineer)

The only thing that aligned me with my  current experience are my certifications and the job experience themselves.

Hello killerlipz,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..:)

Regards,
Yuveshen

It's not that my qualifications and engineering diploma isn't recognised here, yes I have all the highest certification from NZ authorities and professional associations, I even have peer support from these professional organisations! It's just that I don't get to work in my engineering profession, I am always employed well below these qualifications. By itself it's really embarrassing, because quite often you realise you are wasting time as a professional, you are not growing and not learning as you could have and should have been. Incredible! It seems to me NZ government and professional bodies are saying one thing, but the businesses, that are partners with these organisations, have a completely different idea. When you try to break that barrier you are just told you haven't got the relevant work experience. Bizarre...