Need advice about job options in Manila or Cebu Russian,Engl,French

Hello dear all ))

I want to move in the Phlp. next year in the end of 2011. I am studying now in Prague, Economics, Master, in English.
My first degree is  Diplomacy&International Relations and Interpreter of English. One year after graduation i was working as a teacher of ESL, then for internship was invited to the Phpns, Cebu - Call Center CSC Representative
Now i am here in Czech Rep. and after the graduation i want to move back - to Manila or Cebu.

I am fluent in English, I speak French and Czech in the upper-intermediate level. Russian is my native.

Please advise - would i be able to find a job in Manila or Cebu regarding skills and experience i have?

Hello Sparrow.iv ! :)

You should view the Philippines classifieds, category- jobs and post an advert there as well.

It might help.

All the best!

Regards,
Sheetul

thx Sheetul, i know about the classfield and i have seen all those ads. but One is to surf-round joj-postings// totally different  case is the real state of things. And the question above is still open ) open for any comments and opinions )

Looking for Male Americans, Fil Americans or anyone who's first language is English who are Philippine residents and Willing to work in Eastwood City. - Customer Service for US Account. We offer above average compensation Php 40,000.00 every month. Call 02-5071156 / 09053252340 / 09994800911 or email your CV to [email protected]

Vabpoc, you should post this in the Jobs section of Philippines Classifieds, not in the forum! Thanks. :)

hi sparrow, try Jobstreet.com.ph or there are others posting jobs in the Philippines...

hello  ) ook ) thanks i will.

i am always looking for slavic translators if that is something you can do ... in addition there is a lot of call-centers and BPO ( Business process outsourcing) companies that might be interested in you....

let me hear from you if you are interested in translations... well paid....

-vidar-

yes, i am interested in translations and i would take a look at the text for traslation, and the payment rate.  Please kindly email me - [email protected]

Thank you in advance.

are you able to find a job in the philippines? i believe you can find a good paid job. there are companies needed some french speakers like JP MORGAN and i think there many companies needs some polyglots, i advise you to choose Cebu this is not that im from cebu. une heure pour partout comme la plage et les montagnes. je desire aider les étrangers, je ne veux pas voir des gens perdus. Je suis prêt à aider. je parle un peu fracaise. take care.

The Philippines is far behind in developing countries. You would be better looking for a Euro company doing business in Phils.  Or maybe EDBRD, World Bank Group, AfDB, etc. As far as working at translations/call centers, dont waste your degree on menial jobs.  You will have more opportunities in Singapore or Hong Kong.

Philippines has lots of highly educated people who are desparate to work. How can you compete other tnan language abilities?

Lastly, what nationality are you? If your a ADB member country, can apply for a economist/finance position as a young professional. But its very competitive.

Good luck,
Don

wow $1K a month ?

Hmmm...that's below the minimum wage my dear....on top of that US Citizens pay taxes, SS contribution and medicare......

vabpoc wrote:

Looking for Male Americans, Fil Americans or anyone who's first language is English who are Philippine residents and Willing to work in Eastwood City. - Customer Service for US Account. We offer above average compensation Php 40,000.00 every month. Call 02-5071156 / 09053252340 / 09994800911 or email your CV to [email protected]

female_expat wrote:

wow $1K a month ?

Hmmm...that's below the minimum wage my dear....on top of that US Citizens pay taxes, SS contribution and medicare......

vabpoc wrote:

For local, p40k per month is good. Remember min wage in Manila is less than p500/day.  But your comparing US wages to RP. ANd I get that he is tarheting Americans (which I dont think they would qualify for a work permit).

Also, there are plenty of English speaking Philippinos so why would they need to recruit an American?  I just think Americans or Europeans think that just because they are western educated, they will easily find a job in the RP. Philippines has good unis, just no jobs at lving wages.

People are going abroad for jobs, so that should give a clue that wages are low. Only foreigners who can get a work permit are those who can start own business or has a skill that a local does not have so as to not take away a job. Philippinos are a smart and hard working lot, so good luck to those seeking the easy life.

hahaha... they are referring to the min wage here in the Pearl of the Orient not in the Land of Green Money. :dumbom:

female_expat wrote:

wow $1K a month ?

vabpoc wrote:

Looking for Male Americans, Fil Americans or anyone who's first language is English who are Philippine residents... We offer above average compensation Php 40,000.00 every month.