Norwegian language - share your methods, how to learn the language?

Hi all!

I am Dutch and I have to move to Norway Stavanger this summer for work. I have to learn the language and I want to prepare myself in the Netherlands up to Level B2 by self-study.

I was hoping if other people could share their methods in learning the language (quality courses/books to purchase). Especially Dutch-Norwegian, or English-Norwegian.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Stephan

Hello Stephan

you may want to drop an eye in our Language classes in Norway to find teacher offering courses of Norwegian Language made easy :top:

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Stepspam wrote:

Hi all!

I am Dutch and I have to move to Norway Stavanger this summer for work. I have to learn the language and I want to prepare myself in the Netherlands up to Level B2 by self-study.

I was hoping if other people could share their methods in learning the language (quality courses/books to purchase). Especially Dutch-Norwegian, or English-Norwegian.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

I recommend to watch/listen to NRK as much as possible. My personal favourite was URIX (they speak very clear and I found the subject of foreign politics interesting). Online newspapers also helped. I took a course at the university which gave me the basics, but the true understanding and conversational skills came when I had to use it every day at my work.

I learned to write and understand Norwegian by going online on a chatbox. Then I started listening to NRK P3 all day long. Really helps when you want to learn to understand Norwegian.

Now I'm trying to learn to speak Norwegian. My Norwegian girl is helping me on that on Skype :).