Can i work in thailand or not with a bachelor degree

hi
i'm want to live thailand but i want know can i work in thailand or not i'm have bachelor degree for hospitality management and have more than 12 years experience work in a lot of hotel in iran also i have tofel degree please help me for apply job to thailand i love this country love thai people because i had work with them
thanks a lot
i   wait for you answering to me
best regards

Hi imanrostami68,

You are now in a new thread which I have created from your previous one in the Thailand forum as you were  :offtopic:

You may ask your questions on this one, which I hope will give you better interactions.

Thank you,
Marjorie :cheers:

I'm not the best person to answer this since I work in a different field in Thailand, and really don't know, but to get things started I'll give the most accurate answer I can.  Maybe you could work, or maybe not.

The main thing foreigners do for work here is teach English, based on being native speakers.  It's my understanding that hotels can and do hire some foreigners, almost entirely related to having language profiency, mostly English but possibly others. 

I would expect native English speakers would be in the highest demand.  If you have a TOEFL test score (assuming that's what you meant, test of English as a foreign language) you have proof of how well you can use English but it will also show you can't use it as well as a native speaker.  It's conceivable speaking Persian could be a factor but that seems unilikely.

All that said you just need one job.  Standard job hunting and indirect networking might do it.

imanrostami68 wrote:

hi
i'm want to live thailand but i want know can i work in thailand or not i'm have bachelor degree for hospitality management and have more than 12 years experience work in a lot of hotel in iran also i have tofel degree please help me for apply job to thailand i love this country love thai people because i had work with them
thanks a lot
i   wait for you answering to me
best regards

Welcome to the forum.

In all honesty I think you will not be able to find work in hospitality management as this type of work can be done by Thai people. You would have to have a string of qualifications and experience and the advertised position is specifically asking for expat applicants then forget it

As bkk tea blog states teaching English may be the way to go.

No offense but based on your writing (the OP) in the post teaching in English may not work either, regardless of that test score. 

You might invoke luck; work on making chance connections.  Sites like this and other places let you research people from different countries living in different countries and one good lead could could tip the balance for doing all sorts of things.

That said people hiring for English teachers might not always know how well someone is using English, or care, so some people are teaching English in Thailand that really shouldn't be.  If you really meant you have a TEFL (not TOEFL, or tofel) then you've studied to get a certificate to teach English, which is a completely different thing.

as the previous contributors have mentioned; the hospitality industry is off-limits for foreigners in thailand.  although applying won't hurt.

in case you decide to teach english; then you might risk falling behind in your career in the hospitality industry.  but then again, a gap year is something that looks good in ones resume and can be beneficial to ones general well-being.

good luck.