Volunteer English Language

Hi! Does anybody here knows some organization to volunteer teaching English specifically in Marrakesh? Thanks a lot.

Hello viongskie16,

You can try to create your CV in the Jobs section- Volunteering In Marrakech maybe some organizations can come across your CV and contact you.

Are you planning to come to Marrakech?

Regards
Yuveshen

viongskie16 wrote:

Hi! Does anybody here knows some organization to volunteer teaching English specifically in Marrakesh? Thanks a lot.

Don't do it please. It's a well-known racket hiring "volunteers" and, in addition, it means that someone local, who otherwise would have been paid for doing what the "volunteer" is doing, will lose work and money.

Especially, do not pay money to any organisation or agency either foreign or local (or to the placement) which offers to "arrange" a length of time in a school or whatever. These agencies often ask for money up front for your accommodation and food. This is a scandal, as any decent organisation should be offering you bed and board in return for your work. Therefore, this is an even worse racket.

I'm afraid that unless you come to Marrakech and look around, you should forget completely about this. The only chances that you might have would be with large, reputable, foreign charities where you can be sure that no one is going to lose their job because you are offering free work.

Yuveshen wrote:

Hello viongskie16,

You can try to create your CV in the Jobs section- Volunteering In Marrakech maybe some organizations can come across your CV and contact you.

Are you planning to come to Marrakech?

Regards
Yuveshen

Hi Yuveshen,

Yes I am.. . Thanks for the idea..:)

viongskie16 wrote:

Hi

I seem not to be able to get the buttons on this site to work, possibly because of some settings on my laptop. Therefore I can't reply to your PM. I'm not ignoring you!

Hello,
Try the charity organisation that works with street kids, they have a centre/school in the medina and work closely with families and young kids who find themselves on the streets of Kech with the aim to get them back into mainstream school/training.
All of their payed employees are locals and some of their current workers are even ex students. I came across them following my first trip in Kech where I noticed the homeless kids and decided to just look into it a bit more and understand their situation. I spent some time there last June and gave what I could knowing that I wasn't stepping on a local's chance for a paid job. If you want to volunteer with english teaching and give your time to local kids go for it but this isn't a living placement.

If you are interested inbox me and I can give you the direct contacts with the coordinator who will be happy to receive any help offered.

Peace& Love

Meriem

@mims80

Hi Meriem,

I have been looking for a volunteering oppurtunity in Marrakech myself, specifically teachiny English. After coming across your message on here I am very intrigued by this place you told about and I am interested to receive more information on it; I look forward to your reply!
Hello fatimab29,

Welcome to Expat.com1f60a.svg

Please note that this thread has been inactive since 2015.

I invite you to start a new thread on the Morocco forum to ask your questions.

Best of luck,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

[Topic closed]
Closed