International Divers License

I just moved to Ubud and am looking for information on obtaining an international drivers license. HELP ?

Hello billyc

While waiting for members to revert back with some answers please read out this thread :

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=172092

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

billyc wrote:

I just moved to Ubud and am looking for information on obtaining an international drivers license. HELP ?

You mean an international drivers license while being in Indonesia ?

Yes. I have moved here permanently and was told in order to drive I need an international drivers license in order to legally drive

Whilst not an expert I think it would be more prudent that you get a SIM A for a car or C for a motorbike. The international driving  licence is useful but there are some policemen who would not recognise it or understand it, and perhaps insurance companies too. The SIM is easy enough to obtain as long as you have the correct paperwork.

Thank you for the information. So how do I obtain a sim C as I do not plan to buy/use a car in the near future

A SIM C is for a motorbike. Best to ask the local Balinese people how apply for one, I am sure that they will be able to give you a name and more help as I am not in Bali.

Thanks for your help. I now know there is such a thing and now an ask the right questions to some locals.
Blessings and aloha
Bill

Are you in Bali on a KITAS ?

Then you can apply for a local SIM.

Where is Roy.......??

He will be able to tell you how/what to do

I am on a visitor visa and am applying for retirement kitas. Thanks for your help.

:)
Blessings and aloha
Bill

Maybe you should just ask the company / travel agent who is going to sponsoring your retirement visa to also arrange the SIM for you, that would be the easiest

Thanks. Good advice.

Bill

The SIM A (car) is available but is only valid until your visa expires. That means a KITAS holder gets 12 months max.
A 30 day tourist visa, 30 days.
Supposed to be 5 years on a KITAP,  but try getting one.