Can i work in mauriitus on a tourist visa?

will be visiting for about 12 months?

can i work at the same time? would also like to find friends in mauritius

your help is appreciated

@Joelenea 

You cannot work on a tourist visa. A Google search gave me the information.

and I was lead to believe that  a tourist visa was only for max 3 months  :/

gurj wrote:

Depends which country you come from. Some are visa exempt, some visa on arrival and others visa before flying to Mauritius.
The length of visa varies the same too. 14 days, 60 days, 90 days up to 180 days.

Hello,

I am sorry to tell you that its not eligible to work in Mauritius on a tourist visa. I am on my husbands visa which calls dependent visa and I am not allowed to work either. It is really sad. To work in Mauritius you need a work permit which you can get after the company hires you. If you speak fluent French and English you might find a job. But still its not easy.
Would be nice to catch up when you are here:) Let me know when you arrive.
Message me if you need more information about lifestyle here.

Cheers,
Naz

thank you all.

would still love to come and live in mauritius.

any ways i can explore to get me to work in mauritius?????

Nazeli wrote:

Hello,

I am sorry to tell you that its not eligible to work in Mauritius on a tourist visa. I am on my husbands visa which calls dependent visa and I am not allowed to work either. It is really sad. To work in Mauritius you need a work permit which you can get after the company hires you. If you speak fluent French and English you might find a job. But still its not easy.
Would be nice to catch up when you are here:) Let me know when you arrive.
Message me if you need more information about lifestyle here.

Cheers,
Naz

Hello Naz

love to catch up with you for a coffee if mauritius allows me to enter as working tourist

stumpy wrote:
gurj wrote:

Depends which country you come from. Some are visa exempt, some visa on arrival and others visa before flying to Mauritius.
The length of visa varies the same too. 14 days, 60 days, 90 days up to 180 days.

The length of a tourist visa doesn't vary : it is 180 days maximum in a year. What varies is the duration that the immigration at landing or on initial request.  From there you can extend to the maximum 180 days in a year.

No, you can't work on a tourist visa. If the Immigration figures it out, you might be expelled with a 'Refusal to entry' issued against you.