Immigration to malaysia

my brother is 54 years old ,having experience of 25 years in garment industry as a store manager and area sales manager,post graduate in chemistry,his wife is 47 and graduate ,having exp in teaching ,is it possible to get job and settle in malaysia and is it possible to go there on visit visa and search for the job and chances of getting it

Getting a job will be difficult. Teaching careers are the easier option. But full qualifications are needed i.e. degree in education. Jobs in education are cyclical i.e. they are advertising now for positions for the next school year 2015-16 which starts in August. Some teaching jobs in lower quality schools may go to people with lots of experience (currently teaching) and good educational background.

Excellent English language skills are a key to living and working in Malaysia (although Bangla is similar to Malay I understand).

It is not logical to just turn up and try and find a job, especially at your ages. You need to systematically start applying for jobs and prepare proper CVs etc. By the way the minimum salary to get an employment pass is RM5k. There is no real garment industry in Malaysia as it is really a knowledge economy with lots of IT jobs, manufacturing of rubber goods, or engineering companies, not to forget oil and gas.

You might look outside KL, as there may be less constraints in places such as Ipoh, Johor, Kota Kinabalu, or Kuching. More manual jobs are likely to be located there and less ageism. As a guideline, store manager jobs are paid around RM3k, so its a non-starter. There are not really any casual jobs as there is a huge young foreign workers workforce here that take up all those positions. Because of your ages, you do not fall under the Foreign Worker programme here.

So prepare, apply, look around the whole of Malaysia and expect at least 1 year of trying. Once one of you reaches 55 years of age you could apply for MM2H. But you need also to show liquid assets. Malaysia is not a cheap location to live in (in fact a new tax starts tomorrow which will add 6% to many prices). Over the last 2 years inflation has been around 7% so its getting more expensive than some pretty major economies, although fruit and veg remain relatively inexpensive, as long as you shop at low-cost outlets and not expat oriented food emporiums.

Thank you very much for your suggestion , would any body advise some other country to settle with good job