Help/advice - how is the job situation there?

I went to Thailand last year and have not been able to forget it the best 2 weeks of my life. I would like to live there but find the internet lacking in information on if I could get a job there, I know some people over there and they say it would be better to start a business but the language barrier makes it hard I was just hoping that somone could inform me of the job situation over there for English people. Thanks.

Jobs in Thailand for English speaking Expats really doesn't exist, unless you are hired from a company, or you start your own business, but you almost have to have a Thai wife and the business must be in her name. You must have a permit to work in Thailand and it is not easy, most jobs don't pay very well, 10.00 -15.00 dollars a day.  If you have a teaching degree and are lucky you might be able to work as a teacher in a private school. We are retired here, but we can't even volunteer, to bad for Thailand, we have a lot to offer.  Good Luck to you.

Gone are the days of foreigners getting well paid jobs in Thailand. Usually English teachers in international schools are hired before they arrive into Thailand. These people get good benefits and salary. Or those who work in multi national companies are sent from their parent overseas companies.
Basically 4 different types of expats in Thailand. 1 is retired and live here. 2 is sent by their parent company to work here and usually up to 3 or 4 years thenoff they go. 3 is having their own business here. 4 is here for short spell
to enjoy life and work on a lower salary
compare to their home country. For
example some Japanese worked for
some Japanese companies here with
40,000 - 50,000 thai baht salary and use
their free time to explore the country.
As for doing business, it all depends on the type of business you do. Some are on JV; some are buy from here and export to their own countries; some have products made here and export out. Sorry to say this, getting a job here is close to impossible even for teachers as competition is tough as there are many countries in the world like white south Africans; Filipinos; Europeans; Americans - 1 cake to be shared by so many.

thanks for taking the time to reply thats what I thought I just wanted to see if there was anything I had missed.