Question about getting a work permit with my qualifications?

Hi there,

I am currently busy with telephonic interviews with a reputable company in Ireland and I have a question with regards to my qualification if and when I receive a job offer.

I live in South Africa and have completed a 3 year National Diploma in Information Technology. This was done in the 90's. I also have 22 years IT experience.

I fall under the highly skilled category list and will get more than the required salary required by immigration.

Will I have a problem getting a work permit with my qualifications when I receive a job offer?

If you earn more than 30K p.a. you will easily get green card.

and on green card you are allowed to bring your partner with you in Ireland.
I am not sure whether your partner allowed to work or not.

You search this issue on inis.gov.ie

Thanks for the reply Kayadeel. I have gone through that web site, but it was a little unclear with what they see as qualifications. Thanks again for the reply.

Hallo Charles and Kayadeel,

same problem here faced by me. I'm an Indonesian and living in Jakarta. Two weeks ago somebody from an American-based company that has its European HQ in Cork contacted me through LinkedIn and although i didn't take the job offering (German Speaking Cust Serv) very seriously, i did send my CV and they called me the week after to inform me the work detail. the person who called me were telling me about getting stamp 4 for the visa to Ireland, which i am not familiar or have any clue about it. i don't think she was familiar with the requirements of non EU Citizen to work in Ireland, so she asked me to get info about work permit or visa.

I've browsed through the website djei.ie and went to the General Employment Permit which to my surprise the job that was offered to me is listed in Ineligible Categories of Employments for Employment Permits. I will probably turn down the job offer since i have doubt about getting the work permit.

-rina-

I'm an Irish citizen my son is non EU citizen and was born outside the EU my son was born before I got my citizenship.  Has my son the right to apply for Irish citizen even though that I got my citizenship after he was born abroad and outside the EU.  Reply please thanks