UK Education- Durham university -is it good for accounting and finance

Hello Friends,
Any body can tell me if Durham University UK, is good for Accounting and Finance  studies ?
My son wants to join  this school.
How is the Campus?
Is it better than Surrey ?

Hello Savi,

Comparison between British Universities is a very sensitive and debatable issue and I do not think any member will rate one upon another without a lot of criticism from others members.

Nevertheless there are a lot of sites you could visit for forming an opinion for example:
.topuniversities.com/university-rankings.../university...rankings/top-..

As a rough rule Universities which were 'College of Technical Education' or 'Polytechnics' in 70s and 80s have a lower ranking in comparison to 'Universities' that are in existence for more than a century. 

Second most important point for your son to understand is that in contrary to engineering and management Bachelor's degree, an accountancy and finance degree merely provides a foundation for professional qualifications like ACCA or Chartered Accountancy ( ACA) therefore it does not really matter where one studies his BA  in Accountancy and Finance course.  :one

Personally I would choose Durham. Maybe I'm biased as my brother will be attending this Sept.