New to singapore :D

Hello Singapore.

Ok how to begin there are lots of things I want to tell you guys.

last time I came to this country was in 2007 and I was here for 7 days, loved it and at that time only one thing was coming in my mind and that was," I want to live here".

Its so awesome my dream just came true i just got hired by a company in Singapore and i am now l am living here. Woho! how awesome. I arrived in Singapore on 6th September 2010 . 9:17 am.

I have lived in India, England, America, malaysia, thailand

I am in love with this every bits of this country. Everything is beautiful about singapore. what i love is

1. Clean.
2. Very nice people and they respect you.
3. Taxi drivers are very respectful and they speak so nice.
4. No Graffiti on walls,
5. No chewing gum.
6. Healthy food - I do have some problem getting food as i am vegetarian .
7. Amazing architecture
8. beautiful tourist attraction.
9. And ofcourse beautiful faces <3

Lot of things i cant think at the moment

Today september 12th sunday 2010 is my 8th day here and I am kinda feeling alone. I mean I want to have some friends. I never made friends coz I was always moving country to country or place to place. I jsut want some friends i can talk to and hang out on weekends have fun. But i dont know what to do really :D. I am always shy to approach and say things.

Right now i am staying on Liang Seah street Near Bugis village. All i do is get up in the morning and go out. hang out in the mall. buy stuff.

My self i am an artist i work for Feature films and Motion pictures as a 3d Modeler / artist. I sculpt, paint, sketch. I am crazy about photography.

I am pretty open and i speak english fluent.  I have no preference about my friends, As i said i am open and i have lived between a multi cultures before. I love to get to know new people and i think its a beautiful experience of life to understand others and their culture.

Hope fully i will see some of you guys at some time.

i work monday - friday 8 am to 5 pm i am free on saturday and sundays :) SO

LETS   HANG   OUT! :)

Hello Rdhalla!

Welcome to Expat-Blog! :)

That was a nice introduction about yourself. Traveling to another country and making friends is indeed a new beginning.Also, check out the Singapore expat network where you could start to estbalish new contacts.

I`m sure that members will get back in touch with you soon.

Wishing you all the best!

Regards,
Sheetul

YAY someone replied :). awesome. yeah i am like hunting for friends. Thanks for dropping by sheetul. later!

What you're experiencing is the "honeymoon phase": When you first arrive in a place, everything is wonderful! You will soon notice, though, that it isn't, and your psyche will over-react with a depression ("Why the hell did I come to this shithole?!?"). When and how severe this will be depends on your nature and experience, but happens to everyone to some extend and is called "culture shock". Only after several months to a year will your moods stabilize and you can really tell if you like or dislike living in a place. Enjoy the ride!

(I just went through the same here in Thailand, although after 10 international moves and living in 6 countries, having read extensively about relocation psychology and having observed it in detail in myself and others, I thought I am above and beyond this. I was wrong!)

beppi wrote:

What you're experiencing is the "honeymoon phase": When you first arrive in a place, everything is wonderful! You will soon notice, though, that it isn't, and your psyche will over-react with a depression ("Why the hell did I come to this shithole?!?"). When and how severe this will be depends on your nature and experience, but happens to everyone to some extend and is called "culture shock". Only after several months to a year will your moods stabilize and you can really tell if you like or dislike living in a place. Enjoy the ride!

(I just went through the same here in Thailand, although after 10 international moves and living in 6 countries, having read extensively about relocation psychology and having observed it in detail in myself and others, I thought I am above and beyond this. I was wrong!)

I dont really agree with you on this. I think its personal taste for most cases . If one gets bored doesnt mean everyone will. I am an artist and i never get bored of living in a place.
I doubt I will ever think, why I cant to this Place. I love it here. I never had problem / got bored where ever i stayed till now. I love relocation actually for some reason.