Bookstores

fairly new to the city. Looking for other bookstores in Jeddah to find good reads. I've been to a lot of Jarirs but could not even find some classics to reacquaint myself with. Thanks for any help!  ;)

jarir has classics - a wide selection of them - what specifically are you looking for - newly released books also available

Kafka. Wilde. and more

At the Jeddah Cultural Center (near Turkish consulate) there is a book swap for books in English only. Take some of your books in and pick a few new ones to take. Free

British Consultate has a library that you can join. 150sr a year + 300sr refundable deposit. 1000's of books in English to borrow...Limited open hours I know for sure Mon 12pm-2 & Sat 10am-12pm. Must have iquama or passport to enter consulte though. They also sell gently used books

Also there is a second hand shop I can't remember name right now near the Danube in Khalidya that is having a huge used book sale right now till Apr. 4

Or if willing to wait a few weeks to get a book bookdepositoryuk.com delivers for free to Saudi. Takes about 3 weeks to get your books and prices are similar to US prices

You might want to visit Virgin Megastore on Roshan Mall.

Thanks for the helpful post stressed mom

stressedmom wrote:

At the Jeddah Cultural Center (near Turkish consulate) there is a book swap for books in English only. Take some of your books in and pick a few new ones to take. Free

British Consultate has a library that you can join. 150sr a year + 300sr refundable deposit. 1000's of books in English to borrow...Limited open hours I know for sure Mon 12pm-2 & Sat 10am-12pm. Must have iquama or passport to enter consulte though. They also sell gently used books

Also there is a second hand shop I can't remember name right now near the Danube in Khalidya that is having a huge used book sale right now till Apr. 4

Or if willing to wait a few weeks to get a book bookdepositoryuk.com delivers for free to Saudi. Takes about 3 weeks to get your books and prices are similar to US prices

The place stressedmum was talking about is called Mawakib Al khir , its behind (North) of Al Badriyah Building in Khalidiah. It's a charity shop and they have a good section for used books.

As general Information;

There is a public library called King Fahad Library on the West-North end of King Abdul Aziz University near Al Salam Mall.

Jarir and Virgin are not a bad option

For more deep reading both in Arabic and English (More Arabic) you can go to Al Mareekh Bookstore north of Al Iskan (on  Steen Street  north of its intersection with King Abdullah Road(Crown Prince Street)) , theer are two bookstors next to each other there, can remember the name of the second one.

For International schools book, Mawakib Al Khir is a good option for the used ones and for new ones it's Khazindar Bookstore just before Madinah Nazil intersection with King Abdullah Road (Crown Prince street). Not far from the old Indian Consulate in Madinah road

jarir is mostly of computer/electronics/gadgets...... few selection of books.... they focus their sales mostly on electronic stuff like mobile phones and computers

Just heard the Jeddah Book Swap (at cultural center) just got 3 bags of books added to their collection today