Rye or barley bread

Anybody knows where I can get rye or barely bread north of Jeddah. I am diabetic and wheat bread raises my sugar level.
Best

this would be awesome info to have !

Went to Manuel that is supposed to have German bread and also other supermarkets but they don't have it. In Ethiopia I could get barley bread in many places.
What do diabetes eat here?

i saw those sugar free breads and it says good for diabetics. Ethiopian injeera bread is amazing

hnajee wrote:

Anybody knows where I can get rye or barely bread north of Jeddah. I am diabetic and wheat bread raises my sugar level.
Best

I was born in Khobar and living here since then and I have never seen rye or barley bread here.I don't think you can find rye or barley bread in any supermarket but you can try searching in bakeries.Ask if they make non-wheat bread.
I have always heard Integrative doctors talking about diabetics that they should avoid grains because grains contain gluten.

There is a programe for reversing diabetes but they are located in Dammam.You can call and check if they have any centre/clinic in Jeddah.

http://ddprg.com/treatment_en.html

Thanks for the reply. How on earth do you know about injerra??? Anyway, the injera here is made from white flour and rice. In Ethiopia it is made of cereals called "teff" that is just perfect for diabetes. Thanks again.

I know that you said that you went to Manual and other supermarkets, but did you go to Manual in Stars Avenue or Danube in Hira Street (Naeem District and not the one near Hira  International Market)? Both  have  big standalone section for healthy food

Some supermarket you mentioned, yes. Will try the rest. Thanks

oh in the states we had a large ethiopian communities and best ethiopian food - i have said on several occasions how i miss it, and its quite strange to me that there are more nigerians in my area than ethiopians even though ethiopia is much closer

yes i would imagine even the sour culture placed in injira bread is eating away all the gluten if it ever had any

rareshine wrote:

oh in the states we had a large ethiopian communities and best ethiopian food - i have said on several occasions how i miss it, and its quite strange to me that there are more nigerians in my area than ethiopians even though ethiopia is much closer

yes i would imagine even the sour culture placed in injira bread is eating away all the gluten if it ever had any

Fermented foods are good no doubt but not for everyone.But anyway,I'm only trying to tell people that diabetes is 100% treatable.And no one has to live on insulin or metformin their entire lives.I know many people had this disease for many years and now they are completely healthy and living a drug free life.The key is to find a doctor who would investigate the root cause.....MDs won't do that!

Thanks Sara. You know much on diabetes and what you said is right. Reading Ayurveda (not much), sprouted beans is also good and the best of all is mung beans, something I have been trying to know what it is. It is Asian and doesn't even have a word for it in Arabic. If you know something about mung beans, it will be appreciated. Available at Asian markets here? Any info will be appreciated.

hnajee wrote:

Thanks Sara. You know much on diabetes and what you said is right. Reading Ayurveda (not much), sprouted beans is also good and the best of all is mung beans, something I have been trying to know what it is. It is Asian and doesn't even have a word for it in Arabic. If you know something about mung beans, it will be appreciated. Available at Asian markets here? Any info will be appreciated.

You are most welcome hnajee :)
Mung beans are available everywhere.You can check in Lulu supermarkets.
I am studying psychology and I have studied about the connection between our mind and rest of the body.Most of the times,Diabetes is an adrenal issue.Furthermore,all diseases start from our digestive system(biggest connection with our liver).I won't go into the details.But if you are interested in knowing what diabetes really is then you can  click on the links below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7fHYSyvxU0https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTjDi2ZO0n8

If you want to learn more about ayurveda then visit Dr.John Douillard's site www.lifespa.com or you can watch his videos on youtube....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGDDJJe_yqU

Pls also try to call  http://ddprg.com/treatment_en.html and find out how they can help you.
This program looks really good .... :)

Very informative indeed and appreciate that from you. On the mung beans, do you what is called here as it doesn't have a name in Arabic. Believe the Lulu super market you mentioned is in north jeddah.

Thanks once again

hnajee wrote:

Very informative indeed and appreciate that from you. On the mung beans, do you what is called here as it doesn't have a name in Arabic. Believe the Lulu super market you mentioned is in north jeddah.

Thanks once again

I am not sure what exactly it's called in Arabic.In English it's called Green Gram beans.

Well I don't think so when you say diabetes is reversible, there are basically 2 types of diabetes, type 1 and type 2.
Only type 2 is reversible !!

saimans wrote:

Well I don't think so when you say diabetes is reversible, there are basically 2 types of diabetes, type 1 and type 2.
Only type 2 is reversible !!

visit the links I posted above....thanks.