Need urgent help- regarding hand loan

Hi all I am from India, I had taken hand loan without any proof or bank transfer from one of my friend(Indian) in saudi arabia few months back. But that person vanished some where not in contact now.His sister & brother in law are torturing me to pay back the money to them which I dont have currently and I am seeking 1 month time so that I will go back to India and pay them. They are blackmailing me that they will  give police complaint and block my exit scheduled next month in April.

Kindly help me how to proceed & deal about it and is there any law governing hand loan in Saudi Arabia, provisions relating to it.

Why would his sister and brother-in-law have anything to do with collecting the money in the first place? If you borrowed money from her brother then you should be paying it back to him, not to her. If he's nowhere to be found and hasn't contacted you about payments there's not much you can do. If you pay the sister, what guarantees that he'll ever get any of the money? He will come back to you complaining he didn't get paid and will want you to pay it all over again. If I were you, I'd tell them that as soon as he contacts you to let you know how to pay him directly then you will, but paying her just is asking for trouble.

Regarding calling the police and causing trouble, if there's no record of the loan they can't do a thing.

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you very much sir for your advice. I request you to give me any of the contact details, whom I can contact in case if my emigration is obstructed in the airport while going on exit.

Well bro no one can stop your immigration on this basis as there's no evidence or proof that you have taken some loan and even if there is its a total personal matter and immigration authorities have nothing to do with it. You might be stopped if you have some default payments from financial institution or something with SAMA.
Good luck :)

One more banned scammer later (The posts will probably have disappeared when you read this), and we see the most need to avoid any loans but real ones from real financial institutions.
Loads from the 'man down the road', internet thieves and other assorted sharks are always trouble.

This thread is a little old but as it's been bumped, now might be a good time to remind posters of a couple of things.

No matter how bad things are, using a loan shark will make them worse.
These unregulated people use any and every means they can to entrap victims, charge them crazy interest rates and, in some cases, force their victims into unpleasant 'work' to pay off their loans.

It should also be noted, illegal activity of any sort is not allowed on these forums so any posts asking for or advertising illegal loads will be removed.

Closed