Downloading skype

My son is in a hostel in Paris and was trying to download skype so he could talk to us rather than on his mobal phone which is rather expensive for chat.   It won't download completely but is in french anyway.  Is there a way to download skype in the english version while in paris?  What does he need to do?  He has a conversion plug and that hasn't been a problem.  Thanks for any help.  Sheila

Skype should be easily downloadable - even if it is initially in French you can set the installation language to English.

If there are problems downloading the setup file why don't you download it yourself, burn it onto a disc, and post it to him.

Ian

Hello and welcome to Expat.com, res08uuz :)
He shouldn't have a problem to download Skype in English, I think he should look on top of the page to choose the country's location and choose an english speaking country (UK for example). He'll then be able to download the English version of the program.
Hope this helps!
Arlette

If not - there's always Windows Live - same functions

Thank you all so much.  He was freaking out a little but now asked someone how to do it at the hostel and they showed him where the english version to download in.  He loves Paris.  But he is ready to go see more of france.  He has a couple of tryouts but also in Italy and Greece.  He has to get moving but wants to use his erail pass for the 15 days I bought of service.  Any suggestions on best places to see in France?
Again, thanks.  I really want to be an expat.    I'm jealous.

Anyone have suggestions for best places to visit and see in  France on the eurail?  He is soon to be 26 and is full of life and charisma.  He is loving France and looking forward to seeing the rest of Europe.  He said he might just end up living in Europe somewhere.  He only have 15 days on the eurail to see France, Italy, and Greece.

Hi - what does he like? Beaches, cathedrals, mountains, nightclubs. Marseilles is certainly lively, + a look round the harbour in Nice.

He does like beaches , cathedrals, mountains, and I am looking for a train going to Toulouse then to Montpellier, to Avignon to Marseille and over to Nice, back to Avignon to Lyon and on to Italy.  Am I planning too much or is there a better route? He has 10 days over 2 months to ride the rails in france, Italy, and Greece.  He will activate his eurail pass on this train ride to somewhere.  However, he can't take 2 months because he has to get settled to work out and play ball.  any info would be great.  thanks.  Sheila

This is a lot if done in a short time. Train from Paris to Toulouse is 5-6 hours alone.

If possible, take the train from Montpellier to Lyon, then head south to Avignon, Arles, Marseille, Nice then Italy + Greece. I should have added Arles to my first suggestion - v Gogh, bullfights etc.

Thanks so much.  I wonder if he should go to Toulouse or take the train to Lyon then on the Avignon and the places you listed?  That sounds like a good schedule.

Just depends if your son considers Toulouse + SW a must - is he a fan of rugby, duck?

Perhaps better to send me a private message rather than run a conversation here.

Ian