Visa process

Hola!

I've lived in New Zealand for the past 10 years.  Now, after  researching Ecuador for nearly 3 years [including daily reads here] I am ready to move 'sight unseen' to beautiful Ecuador, in about 6 weeks. 
The Vilcabamba region already 'feels like home'  :)
But I wonder if  first starting out in a city [Cuenca?] would expedite my 9-V Resident Visa process?

Gracias for any suggestions,
Claire

Intrepid Lady wrote:

I've lived in New Zealand for the past 10 years.  Now, after  researching Ecuador for nearly 3 years...I am ready to move 'sight unseen' to beautiful Ecuador...I wonder if first starting out in a city [Cuenca?] would expedite my 9-V Resident Visa process?

Quito might be better for that purpose because all the relevant government offices are permanently established here year-round.

If you have any more questions about this, please post on a new thread or a different existing thread.  The Home Office in the Mascarene Islands has been "crystal clear" they want to maintain this New Members thread for introductions only...and we don't want to cause them any headaches entering the final week of cyclone season in the Indian Ocean.

cccmedia in Quito

Hi Claire,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post on the Ecuador forum for more visibility.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Priscilla;

Thanks for your Welcome, and for properly positioning my query  :) 
My preference is to attain my Visa while living in Vilcabamba. 
Would Cuenca be the most viable office to visit for that purpose, and if so, can anyone recommend a particular facilitator or lawyer there?  {I don't speak Spanish yet, and my case might not be as simple as most}

Cheers,
Claire