Sim card

hi all.is it easy to purchase a new sim card at any shop? any idea the cost of it? thank you.

Yes its very easy just get your passport and ask the agency at Vodafone or any other company's for visitor sim card you will get it and you can use it in 15 mint .

eagle Abo wrote:

Yes its very easy just get your passport and ask the agency at Vodafone or any other company's for visitor sim card you will get it and you can use it in 15 mint .

thank you. By how much?

around 10-25 egp for pre paid card.

Thank you,I got it by 15 LE

15LE, did that come with any top-up by any chance (we can but hope, can't we)

Edit:
Sorry I just thought, what is the difference between a 'Visitor SIM Card' and a 'normal one'

Phil_h wrote:

15LE, did that come with any top-up by any chance (we can but hope, can't we)

Edit:
Sorry I just thought, what is the difference between a 'Visitor SIM Card' and a 'normal one'

Doesn't exist such as this two categories of sim card, either pre-paid which it's your free will to top-up with desired amount or the other one as monthly bill (can't be explicit).

Yes, as you say, just a different way of saying either 'PAYG SIM' or 'Contract SIM'

Obviously different nationalities will have different ways of expressing the same thing which can sometimes lead to confusion, but providing we get there in the end, then that's the main thing.