Marriage/law/expats

Hi all. I am omani citizen but I have question that will benefit for lots of my expat friends (british and American only)

It is about the law regarding omani and expat marriage. Yes it is allowed but some cases no..example;
If an omani man working with government, it is near enough impossible for him to marry expat woman. He must try get permission and on most cases he can loose his job if he decides to marry her.

so my question is
does anyone think this law will ever change and it will be acceptable for Omani men (working in government) to marry expat women?

So does this mean that omani men are forbidden from marrying foreigners or else they will lose their jobs?.what kind of discrimination &punishment is this.you dont choose who you fall in love with

I think it applies to the omani women aswell.
not all omanis are banned, but just the ones working in government have more of a difficult time to get permission to marry expats.

I do not understand this law myself, I think the law should be lifted because as you say, you can not help who you fall in love with. Many of my friends are going through hards times trying to get the permission to marry an expat (or other way round - trying to marry omani)

This is really sad and uncouth, I mean Love aint a crime.despite of Different Nationalities n colour we are all humans. "The heart wants what the  heart wants'.I wouldn't stop loving someone coz of a govt job.if I truly love dat person, I would quit n leave a mind blowing Resignation letter to Educate e lawmakers

This is really sad and uncouth, I mean Love aint a crime.despite of Different Nationalities n colour we are all humans. "The heart wants what the  heart wants'.I wouldn't stop loving someone coz of a govt job.if I truly love dat person, I would quit n leave a mind blowing Resignation letter to Educate e lawmakers

if you really are in love with the one you love you can give up your work...
honestly still you are alive without this work but to be a man enough..it makes your world happy without regrets..
and if you are so coward and you failed her and sacrifce your non sense culture and in islamic way..then you are among those loosers..
why i said loosers coz u may marry families choice but you are just fooling yourself happines..

correction from my comment...
in but should be in islamic way...
i mean culture is different from islam way..
am a muslim but arabs so difficult to understand...i love the sunnah of our prophet(S.A.W)
and i hope muslims all around the globe follow the sunnah of rasullullah..

you are so true..i was once had a husband but he choose his family coz he is afraid his mom will die and his family will leave him..
so coward isnt it...

It all draws back to Economics- Opportunity cost and conflicting loyalty.  Choices to live with
Would you choose your partner over Family or viceversa.

A partner over a job?

And the voiced inside that tend to look at the longrun  what ifs

What if she or he leaves me at the certain point yet I defied my family and culture?

Anyway, society can be selfish.