How much is motorbike ride

Motorbike taxi in Saigon. a 2.5km trip. I was quoted 6. And then dropped to 5 when I walked away. Problem is, did he mean 6k dong, 60k dong or 6 USD?!

Any example trip prices? Please give the city or town, the distance and the price. And your nationality.

You can use Grab taxi app on your smartphone. you will know how much it will cost before you use the service.
Moreover, you also can use to book a motobike. it is now having the promotion which will cost you only VND 3,000 for per KM.
Ex: 7Km= VND21,000 ~ $1
Have a nice day

I can book a motorbike taxi with grabtaxi??!

Wow. Anyone know how much the regular price should be? 3k per km is too cheap??

I used grab taxi at the hospital. It quoted me 46k. I ended up paying what the taxi's meter said which was 64k. Is this normal using the taxi's metered rate because I could have just gone with any of the hospital taxis.

khanh44 wrote:

I used grab taxi at the hospital. It quoted me 46k. I ended up paying what the taxi's meter said which was 64k. Is this normal using the taxi's metered rate because I could have just gone with any of the hospital taxis.

Sounds like you didn't insist on paying the quote rate. Human nature people will usually try to get more money not less.

There are some legal motorbike taxi which runs on meter.

As for the private bikes taxi, there is no standard charge. Starting price should be around 20k VND. The usual practice is negotiating the price before going on the bike.

The locals call them "xe om".

To a "white face", I would rather think the taxi guy is referring to 600k VND. hahhahahahaha........

20k starting? Crazy. No wonder no one uses them. Taxi starts at 10k.