Single entry visa to employment pass time line for dependent

Hi,
I have received an offer from an IT firm in KUL, and they have processed the employment pass and dependent pass for me and husband. I have received my passport from Malaysian Consulate chennai, India with a visa stating "Single entry for employment pass" and for husband "single entry for dependent pass"

Now my question is, how much time in days would it take to get the dependent pass ready . My spouse would want to return to India as early as possible, because of his official obligations, Someone told me that it would take upto 20 days, Is it correct?

Can someone inform me the further processing required for all this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi

it will be in same day.
I got my employment pass endorsed into my passport on same day.

Thanks

Ok, Thanks
What about the dependent pass ?

it will be together.
as per my experience, my company HR collect both passports (Mine and depended) 1st day morning of my work and return to me same evening :)

I guess the company will send both passports to immigration so ask them.

You are correct @ Gravitas :)

The issue here is that without asking your employer, you dont know how they are going to react?  If they send a runner, then I guess the day turnaround is possible (if they react on Day 1 - or you push them to react).

Otherwise, they make take other action, e.g. sending the passports in by courier (PostLaju) which will take 2 days to arrive and obviously not sure how immigration would return the passports. 

So even though yogi_as is confident to report what happened to their passports, its is not a foregone conclusion that your employer will do the same.  In fact they may also choose to send you to immigration together with a clerk who will act as interpreter. So you really do need to check with your company how they will play this one.