Car insurance with GasanMamo

Hi all,

I just bought a used car and have applied for car insurance coverage with GasanMamo.

I still have a car insured in Germany and have the German no-claim class of SF 22 which means I havn't had an accident for more than 22 years.

As I don't want to transfer my no-claim bonus to Malta( I need the car in Germany) I have to start here in Malta with no bonus or 100 % of the premium ! Yet GasanMamo still want to see a translation of my German no-claim bonus into English without giving me any no-claim bonus here in Malta.This is starting to be a big hassle and , at the moment, I can only advise you to not to deal with GasanMamo if you are from an European country and have a good record of no claims there!

So be careful who you talk to about car insurance here in Malta.

I will keep you informed how things go on here with car insurance ( Malta is obviously the center of Europe when it comes to car insurance and a bad risk or a good rip-off - choose !)

Regards

Ricky

I've had very good experience with Gasanmamo, incl transferring NCB from the UK and on a claim - insurance quotes are about the NCB and the quote, and even if no NCB, they still need to decide on a quote, which could be influenced by something in your letter from Germany.

Hi George,

I was told yesterday that they are taking a more intense look at the driving/claims history of foreigners who apply for car insurance.

The documents I presented to show my personal situation would have been fine - if they had been in English and from the UK.

What I'm criticizing is that the GasanMamo main office has no one able to judge the figures featuring in German insurance statements.Now I'm trying to get the German insurance to give me the statement in English(I hope I don't have to get it Maltese).

I've already been told that I will not get a better quote than starting as a new driver with 100 %.

Regards

Ricky

We have Car Insurance through Gasanmamo - but it was purchased through MIB - MIB were and continue to be truly awful to do business with - and that includes having to get an accident resolved. I am not quite sure who is to blame, GasanMamo or MIB - certianly MIB but maybe also GasanMamo...either way I could not recommend either. Of course, we may just have been unlucky and others may have better experiences.

In our case to prove our no-claims history from the US, which doesn't follow the same process as seems to be followed in the EU,  we had to get a statement mailed from our US Insurers after repeated incidents of faxes not being received and MIB/GasanMamo's refusal to accept a scanned/emailed document - so there was a delay of a couple of weeks for the snail mail to arrive. They were also very picky about the format of the document - fortunately, Progressive Direct in the US could not have been more helpful!

BTW - even American English was finally good enough for MIB/GasanMamo - so you should be OK with German English Ricky!

Tim