Co-proxamol (distalgesic)

apparently they are not available to anyone under any circumstances in malta. does anyone know any different? I rely on them and have a repeat "named patient" prescription for the UK, I have booked to go back for a visit so I can get some more but be lot easier if I could get them here or online. legally or otherwise I don't care just as long as I can get them. anybody got any ideas?

inassume you have sought medical advice to wether the drug is available

Google says that Malta had no plans to remove it from sale but that was from an old article

I would be wary of getting such a drug from any outlets on the Internet because well you don't know what your really getting

i hope you sort something

All the best

pharmplexdirect.com/coproxamol-100-tablets-p-54261.html

If you see a private Doctor in Malta get him to continue prescribing them you should be able to order them from here

legally or otherwise

Legally, as you seem to have clear medical need, is no problem to post on the forum, and I hope you can meet your needs without having to get them from the UK.

Illegally, regardless of need, is not.

cheers thanks for that link. I didn't realise uk would send them with an eu script. I will try paola health centre show them my boxes of em and my uk repeat and ask for one in English then I can use that link. Very kind of you :)

fair point but im not trying to get crack or smack etc

We haven't given out Distalgesic since 2007 in our department as it was withdrawn (UK) , it was very effective in the area's that i work in (orthopaedics) but if i remember  rightly it was from an NHS advisory at the end of 2007.
If i remember (racking my brains) it was a mixture of paracetamol and dextropropoxyphene hydrochloride but the advisory mentioned problems causing heart arrhythmia's, respiratory depression along with other problems - there was also some debate at that time about cost!!

Replacements were and are codeine, paracetamol, co-codamol and ibuprofen

Our most common painkillers these days are Ibuprofen and paracetamol mix or codeine and for more severe pain Oramorph

I believe in some countries distalgesic is still available or at least the generic co-proxamol, there has been some pressure to start prescribing co-proxamol but i know our pharmacy don't - others may but not sure. They are available on the net under prescription (POM) and if you can persuade your doctor to give you a prescription then you can buy it.

yes withdrawn for NEW patients but those of us who were on it and had efficacy were allowed to keep using via "named patient" scripts. like all these things its a cost/benefit and the benefit to me far outweighs the cost. I am banned from taking NSAIDs  and am allergic to asprin.

main issue, as I understand it, was people using them to alleviate hangovers and waking up dead (sic) I have been known to down two of them with a stiff brandy (not recommended) for acute pain. and errr herbal smoking remedies mixed with tobacco :) adds to the efficacy too (so I am told lol)

I hate co-codamol with a passion and as it happens orthopaedics is the reason I have them (cancer in the L5 Vertebrae many years ago)

robpw2 wrote:

pharmplexdirect.com/coproxamol-100-tablets-p-54261.html

If you see a private Doctor in Malta get him to continue prescribing them you should be able to order them from here

doctor at Paola other week said it would be fine, just bring in box/uk script for doseage etc and to confirm I was getting them. went back yesterday but saw a different young female doctor who refused claiming it to be illegal. went to my local one yesterday evening (pharmacy attached) who knows my history and he said she was talking rubbish and wrote me out one specifically for the internet link above (I told him about it)

I ordered online last night and posted off the prescription today recorded delivery. I took a copy, on his advice, to show any other doctor what to write

I will let you know how it goes, this first time I paid for DHL

i didn't I paid for DHL delivery from UK to Malta. letter to UK went recorded delivery, about 4 euros from memory. DHL delivery was 20 GBP

i can and am happy to confirm that pharmplexdirect.com works well. Prescription left East Midlands at 18.06 BST yesterday travelled via Brussels and then Marseilles to arrive in Malta at 10.10 CET. delivered to my door at 16.10 CET today. so 21 hours in total. (via DHL that is, Royal mail option, slower, is cheaper of course)

I wish I had never been taken off them. They are best painkillers by a country mile. When they stopped prescribing them here in uk i was offered co-codamol but low dose ie10/500mgs. Didn't help my pain much so was upped to 20/500 and finally 30/500 mgs. But found they made me quite nauseous . So asked if they had anything else. Was given co - dydramol 30/500. Found these fine for the most part but didn't want to take paracetamol cos it doesn't help me with my pain ,so I asked to just get dihyracodeine 30mgs . Now we are all being taken off our opioids and given nothing in their place! I've had mine dropped from 228 to 100 in  three months. Am not happy , withdrawals are terrible and I've had no help even though I'm very ill . How do they expect us to cope with our pain on nothing? I can't take aspirin or ibuprofen due to my heart  conditions so I'm left with nothing. I wished I'd fought longer to stay on coproxamol. But I don't buy the excuses that it was causing too many deaths. Some maybe. There's been far more deaths on Oxy and Fentenyl in a week than there ever have been on coproxamol. Their reasons for getting it banned all those years ago had nothing to do with people dying that's just a smoke screen so we will all be good little boys n girls n hand our tablets back and say I don't want to die doctor.  It's the money trail yet again people. Coproxamol is really cheap to make in comparison to your heroin based drugs ,Fentenyl , OxyContin etc that's how big pharma is getting rich. Maybe they are taking them off now cos they want to bring in  Marughana pills instead? Who knows but if anyone knows where I can buy coproxamol legally without prescription can you let me know? Thanks.   

I wish I had never been taken off them. They are best painkillers by a country mile. When they stopped prescribing them here in uk i was offered co-codamol but low dose ie10/500mgs. Didn't help my pain much so was upped to 20/500 and finally 30/500 mgs. But found they made me quite nauseous . So asked if they had anything else. Was given co - dydramol 30/500. Found these fine for the most part but didn't want to take paracetamol cos it doesn't help me with my pain ,so I asked to just get dihyracodeine 30mgs . Now we are all being taken off our opioids and given nothing in their place! I've had mine dropped from 228 to 100 in three months. Am not happy , withdrawals are terrible and I've had no help even though I'm very ill . How do they expect us to cope with our pain on nothing? I can't take aspirin or ibuprofen due to my heart conditions so I'm left with nothing. I wished I'd fought longer to stay on coproxamol. But I don't buy the excuses that it was causing too many deaths. Some maybe. There's been far more deaths on Oxy and Fentenyl in a week than there ever have been on coproxamol. Their reasons for getting it banned all those years ago had nothing to do with people dying that's just a smoke screen so we will all be good little boys n girls n hand our tablets back and say I don't want to die doctor. It's the money trail yet again people. Coproxamol is really cheap to make in comparison to your heroin based drugs ,Fentenyl , OxyContin etc that's how big pharma is getting rich. Maybe they are taking them off now cos they want to bring in Marughana pills instead? Who knows but if anyone knows where I can buy coproxamol legally without prescription can you let me know? Thanks. 
-@sunsetsammy46

You are comenting on posts from 8 years ago, perhaps you might be better to start a new thread as many of the members from back then are no longer active.