Where to buy affordable / used furniture

Dear Memeber

I am new to Nairobi.. exactly 7 days 9 days into the city. I have figured out school & accommodation but am unable to figure out some affordable/used furniture options.

I went to Ngong road today and kind of managed some basi stuff, but if there are any other interesting areas please do suggest

I am looking for options to buy a King size and queen size mattress. Some one asked me to check out at Nakkumatt at Junction mall and it was costing Ksh 25-27000 for the firm orthopedic stuff.

Any suggestion on WHERE TO BUY AFFORDABLE mattress will be of great assistance during my initial stay in Nairobi.

Await feedback from  the members here

regards raj

Hi!

We are moving from Nairobi and want to sell furniture and office equipment from our home office: Book shelves, office chairs, office lamps, printers, scanner, monitor, blender, scales, shoe rack etc etc. Find all photos and comments with prices in this link:
picasaweb.google.com/108373908364976299310/SALES?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKq9jqrOscGYSg&feat=directlink
If interested, please answer here or to this email:
[email protected]

Hello Carsten1953,

The forum is not fit for this type of ad, please do drop it in the classifieds section accordingly, Furniture in Nairobi and Professional effects in Nairobi.

Thank you,
Marjorie

Unfortunately mattresses tend to be expensive.  There are cheap foam ones available, but these are generally single (2' 6") and quite thin. 

A good place to look for second hand furniture is at the malls, where there are boards for private ads.  Try Village Market, as they often have ads from expats who are leaving.  Would you really want a second hand mattress though??