Please describe me Petaling Jaya, Malaysia living Cost.

Dear Friend,

I am 28 year married person. I have 4 year experience in Software development. I am working at Ahmedabad MNC Company. I got offer one malaysian IT company 4800RM. Please suggest me this money is good for me If I am moving to malaysia. I am move with my wife. Right now I have no kids.

Please suggest me this is good deal or not. This amount is enough for surviving in malaysia.

Thank you in advanced.

Thanks,
Ashish Gupta

That's pretty tight if you wanna live in PJ area. I am sure the experts will be able to help you more. I've been away from home for far too long...

The rules have changed and unless the salary is RM5k per month, you cannot bring your wife to Malaysia.

Ashish, I moved to Malaysia from Bangalore 3 months ago and trust me, even to live a sedate lifestyle in PJ, you need at least 6K per month as you said you would be moving in with your spouse. For a 4 year experienced IT professional, 4800 is way too cheap. Please reject the offer straight away or negotiate for min 8K. And you haven't told if its a permanent job or Contract. If its contract then expenses are going to be even more. With 4800, you will be taxed at 25% for first 6 months. Also are they going to cover your spouse's medical insurance? So those few months will be really difficult with that low income. You can survive with that amount but cannot save anything.

Yeah brother, Rules have changed now. If your income is less than 5k you can not bring spouse along with you.And this income will be just for surviving, you can not save anything if you are coming along with your wife.

Prakash

What a terrible salary less than Asian expats in early 20s with little experience can get as singles. Rip off employer

RM4800 in PJ area is not that fantastic. Cost of living is high in that area, if the company is providing you with housing allowance and transport allowance, they you can get by. i would suggest with 4 years experience your asking should be at least RM6000 excluding benefits