Good Hairdresser around St. Julians/Gzira/Sliema/Ta-Xbiex/Msida

Hi,

I'm new to Malta and I desperately need a new haircut, but don't know where to go, especially after I have heard all horrible stories about bad haircuts from my roommates, blogs etc. I have short hair, so I need someone who can really cut (no basic trimming, but advanced techniques like effilating/slithering) and is creative. Does anyone have recommendation for a good hairdresser with reasonable prices? Or also some warning where definitely not to go?
I tried to search here on the forum, but there are only couple of very old posts...

Thanks

Alina at Gemini Line in Sliema is very good but expensive- a haircut and blowdry cost me around 50 Euro about an year ago.

thanks, although it's a bit over my budget...

Hey just come across this post searching for hairdressers on Google. I live in Sliema and desperately need a hairdresser that does blonde highlights properly. The last three times ive had them done here my roots have still shown quite bad, when I get them done back home my hairdressers always get them right up to the root. Anyone know of anywhere or anyone?
Thank you

Hi Samantha,
though it's been a while since March and you probably had at least one haircut in the meantime, I really recommend Angela Grech in Msida:

angelacreations.webs.com/contactus.htm - she does a very good job, is a very nice person, and with 21 € for a short-hair cut including washing, blowdry and hair spray etc. it's not overpriced at all.

You can easily find the shop on Rue d'Argens in Msida, just go up the hill from the bus stop Msida, it's a five minutes walk and then on the left-hand side.
Best,
Limetta

Everglow in Kappara!  Love them!

I'm going to need a haircut + colour soon and wanted to pick up this thread again. Any recommendations in the central areas e.g. Naxxar, Mosta? If not, I'd also venture a bit further for a good stylist! If you know one that does good balayage then even better. What I've seen on some facebook pages of hairdressers so far looked horrendous  :o

blackangelheart wrote:

I'm going to need a haircut   colour soon and wanted to pick up this thread again. Any recommendations in the central areas e.g. Naxxar, Mosta? If not, I'd also venture a bit further for a good stylist! If you know one that does good balayage then even better. What I've seen on some facebook pages of hairdressers so far looked horrendous  :o

My hairdresser is Charmaine from Hairology in Naxxar, I've been going to her for about 10 years now, before we moved here I always went during my holidays.
This is her facebook page:  facebook.com/groups/182071155329541/

blackangelheart wrote:

I'm going to need a haircut + colour soon and wanted to pick up this thread again. Any recommendations in the central areas e.g. Naxxar, Mosta? If not, I'd also venture a bit further for a good stylist! If you know one that does good balayage then even better. What I've seen on some facebook pages of hairdressers so far looked horrendous  :o

My wife uses a place in Attard and is over the moon with her. If this is any good for you? I can PM you details if interested.

MrsGroeneveld wrote:

My hairdresser is Charmaine from Hairology in Naxxar, I've been going to her for about 10 years now, before we moved here I always went during my holidays.
This is her facebook page: facebook.com/groups/182071155329541/

I just checked out her facebook page and the photos look fantastic! Any info on prices? e.g. cut + colour. I'm hoping it'll be no more than €100

blackangelheart wrote:
MrsGroeneveld wrote:

This is her facebook page:  facebook.com/groups/182071155329541/

I just checked out her facebook page and the photos look fantastic! Any info on prices? e.g. cut + colour. I'm hoping it'll be no more than €100

The wife has cut colour (peroxide which I understand is more expensive) 46 Euro. She does have shortish hair though, I'm not sure if that makes a difference? We men understand little of these things.

paulolly wrote:

The wife has cut colour (peroxide which I understand is more expensive) 46 Euro. She does have shortish hair though, I'm not sure if that makes a difference? We men understand little of these things.

Thanks paulolly! It sounds really good, too, and definitely worth checking out. If you could send a PM with the details that would great :) It will probably be more expensive for me since I have super long hair! Thinking about cutting it off though because it'll kill me in a typical Maltese summer ;)

blackangelheart wrote:
paulolly wrote:

Thanks paulolly! It sounds really good, too, and definitely worth checking out. If you could send a PM with the details that would great :) It will probably be more expensive for me since I have super long hair! Thinking about cutting it off though because it'll kill me in a typical Maltese summer ;)

facebook.com/viphairstudio/

blackangelheart wrote:
MrsGroeneveld wrote:

This is her facebook page: facebook.com/groups/182071155329541/

No way less than 100! I usually go for a full colour and blow dry, any style you want and I pay around 30, I usually also buy some products, so not sure to the penny ;) if I cut as well it's around 40 and I have long hair over my shoulders.

MrsGroeneveld wrote:

No way less than 100! I usually go for a full colour and blow dry, any style you want and I pay around 30, I usually also buy some products, so not sure to the penny ;) if I cut as well it's around 40 and I have long hair over my shoulders.

That's a very good price I will definitely check her out! Thanks for the recommendation and providing prices, same goes for paulolly. I'm sure it'll help other people in this forum :)

Hi could you post the details? I'm also looking and live in Attard :)

facebook.com/viphairstudio/

http://www.finebeautysalons.com/salon/7 … 6%20Beauty she is my friend very good but its unisex...

Just to say I've tried VIP in Attard three times now, for cut, colour and blow dry. Very happy with them each time thanks for the tip. It's especially good that they don't rip my hair out while blow drying as I noticed in some other salons in Malta they are ROUGH!!!😂

I had my hair cut at SJ hairstudio in Sliema in the end, because it's around the corner from my work and open until 8pm. Sergej did my hair and 5 weeks in I'm still really happy with the result. Usually hairdressers spend about 15min cutting my hair (badly) and then 45min blow drying it to hide the bad cut ;) not this time, the cut is really good, so good that I can let my hair dry naturally without having to blow dry or straighten it! They're a no frills salon i.e. no water or cappuccino offered, no massaging chairs while getting your hair washed, etc. The wash was very pleasant, a proper head massage and first time it didn't hurt when a hair dresser combed the wet hair (you just need to bother holding it properly -  most don't!). Paid €30 for wash, cut and blow dry. A colleague liked my hair so much she went the week after and was very happy, too.