Living in the PI .. the right way

After a few errors in my living accommodations during the first of 11 years living here in the Philippines, I learned the great ways to live a wonderful life, in a secure location while enjoying nearly daily golfing.  This is very possible in Cavite and I would love to hear other stories on this topic.

Please tell us about the living situation where you are now, intend to look into it

mugtech wrote:

Please tell us about the living situation where you are now, intend to look into it

Thanks for the interest in this topic.  Since I am a life-long golfer, my requirements were perhaps more demanding than others.  Being well past my 60's, the UK winters were becoming too much for my body, with little chance to play golf.  After looking into warmer and more relaxed climates, I ended up favoring the Philippines, having visited several times on business.  Clearly, there are many issues and risks associated with a major move from the UK to the Philippines. Even so I took the plunge and after a period of trial and error, I was able to make the right purchase of land, design and oversee the custom construction of my dream home within the exclusive Riviera Golf Club Estate, in the Silang, Cavite area.  It is fair to say that the biggest challenges came when it was time to build my dream home, when the construction price versus quality issues dance started with my first contractor. I had very exacting plans and only with my Filipina wife were we able to find a superior source and use “on-site management methodology” that worked out well. An advantage was we already lived within a few minutes' ride from the construction site, making it easy to ensure the build proceeded as we wanted. I could go on and on, but it is fair to say that the outcome of my adventure ended in great success, as highlighted in my website.  Please do send me an email and I can forward my website URL to you for more details.  Thanks Peter

I have a Filipina wife and am aware of the problems getting a home built, was more interested in Silang and the surrounding (Tagaytay) area is far as year round climate, local shopping and other daily life considerations.