International Schools in Kuwait

Hello,
I was hoping that I could get some advice on the best International Schools for kids ages 5 and 7.  We are considering moving to Kuwait for a couple of years and I am seeing mixed messages about schools.  We are from Canada, there are no Canadian based systems there so would love some insight on whether we should go Americian or British?  We don't want our oldest to have to repeat grade 1 because of the cutoff dates.
What schools should we definitely avoid.

Thanks so much!
Elizabeth

there is a sticky on the forum made by a teacher friend of mine (Sahar El Hakim) about all the international schools in kuwait, i suggest you give it a read. google the schools you shortlist and read public opinion on them, ask on the forum and you might just find some teachers from said school are on here.

Hi Elisabeth. Did you figure out with schools? We moving from Calgary too. My husband actually already in Kuwait and we are visiting him right now. All this time we are going trough registration and tests in quite a few schools already. Trying  to decide between ASK/AIS and KES. Same concern American or British :). My daughter is 8.
Thanks,
Janna

Hello Elizabeth,

I am also planning to move from Calgary to Kuwait. I wonder if you have moved to Kuwait. There are a few question I would like to ask you.

Thank you

you can ask anyone can1

Thank you very much Legacy. I have been following your posts on the forum and appreciate your contribution; God bless. I was going to ask a few specific questions from Elizabeth because she is also from Calgary.

well i have teacher friends in schools here who are also fellow Canucks, i can give you a tailored answer :D

Thank you Legacy. I am expecting my work permit any time. I need to get prepared for the details including schools. I also need to submit my documents to the Kuwait Embassy. It is where the experiences of my fellow Calgarians become handy

For American, there are the American School of Kuwait (ASK) and the American International School of Kuwait (AIS). For British, there are the British School of Kuwait (BSK), and The English School (TES).

Hi Can1. Just returned from Kuwait back to Calgary. My husband was working there and I was going back and forth. If you need some info please send me messages.
ASK is probably the best, and you can consider American United School in Messilah. It's new school with no such a reputation as ASK but looks very appealing. If we stay in Kuwait, I will probably consider this one for my daughter.

Hi Elizabeth. Hope you figure out with schools by now. If not, there is Canadian Bilingual School in Kuwait. We didn't consider it because of location. And just for information , American and British schools are quite ahead in curriculum... American are a bit close. With my daughter we start testing in March ( were visiting Kuwait for holidays), continued online ( available in some schools) and finished in August ( our recent visit to Kuwait). She had been accepted in two American schools so far. But we got through testing in ALL high ranked  schools ( by Legacy, thank you!). But we finally ( after 8 months in Kuwait) decided go back to Canada.