Help Require

Hi ,
I got an offer of 550 OMR + accommodation + car allowance + family visa . We three people in my family ( me , my wife , my little baby ).
So please let me can I survive with salary and how much I can save ?
Please reply. ....

Yes,,, u can... monthly exp. are like fire more u put more it needs.. but yes u can easily save a 250 to 275.. but it depends on you...

Let me tell you something, as long as u are earning u can always try to spend n save wisely. With free accomodation n a car dats already a lotto win..opportunities dont come cheap.u can learn to budget according to what you ave.start from e bottom. One step at a time u will reach e heights. G luck

sandeepmala wrote:

Hi ,
I got an offer of 550 OMR + accommodation + car allowance + family visa . We three people in my family ( me , my wife , my little baby ).
Please reply. ....

Help urself and read the enormous numbers of topics, related to COL at Muscat. You'll get more than sufficient info.

sandeepmala wrote:

Hi ,
Please reply. ....

Hi sandeepmala,

Unless your minimum salary is R.O. 600/- you will not be eligible for family status.

First have this clarified with your prospective employer.

Thanks for reply ...
Yes I know about it but my company will provide me family status after 3 months of myprobation period and they will adjust my car allowance to my salary.

One more thing....
My company commit me to provide 1 BHK with basic furniture.  And I want to know what will be this furniture.  Will AC also be there and other thing like TV , fridge etc ?

sandeepmala wrote:

One more thing....
My company commit me to provide 1 BHK with basic furniture.  And I want to know what will be this furniture.  Will AC also be there and other thing like TV , fridge etc ?

Usually, company provided accommodations do have the AC/Split units installed. This part of the world, an AC is the basic necessity. So I believe it will be included.

TV / Fridge will not be included and that has to be separately purchased by you. However, they should provide you with a Bed/ a table / wardrobe / Dressing table and may be few kitchen utilities. Get the clarification from the employer.

Below 600 salary u cant get family visa.

In basic furniture,  AC  are considered. Tv can purchase 32 LED min of 80 RO

Fridge = 100

Monthly you can save 250, after you spent 275 with family. Ur monthly 150 Rials approx will cover  house hold and food.

Good luck.
Masco

Hello everyone ,
My company has sent my Degree for labour clearance , can anybody tell me how much time it will take for this process ?

sandeepmala wrote:

Hello everyone ,
My company has sent my Degree for labour clearance , can anybody tell me how much time it will take for this process ?

Hi sandeepmala,

Yours is a million dollar question !

If all papers and clearances are available with the company then it is a relatively simple procedure.

Else, no one including your employer, wold be able to give you a realistic time frame.

Hi Sumitran

In the visa copy I have received. The name reads as follows " Last_name First_name Fathers_first name".

Is it a norm in Oman to add Fathers first name in the persons name in the Visa?

Thnx & Regards
Navin

svapour wrote:

Hi Sumitran

In the visa copy I have received. The name reads as follows " Last_name First_name Fathers_first name".

Is it a norm in Oman to add Fathers first name in the persons name in the Visa?

Thnx & Regards
Navin

Hi svapour,

Yes, it is the norm.

Not just on the visa, but on every single official document - Bank A/C; Driving Licence; Utility Bills - and in all other official papers and documents that is how it will appear.

Note that everything will be based on what is written on your resident card, which is what will be written on your employment visa !!

Thanks for your quick revert.

But wouldn't this create issue with Indian immigration?

My passport name says lastname firstname and the visa adds fathersfirstname?

Thanks & Regards

I don't think there should be any problem as long as the passport number mentioned in the visa and the one in the passport are the same and your name is somewhere there and it matches with what is on your passport.

Hi everyone ,

I am from India. " My company has ask me to sent my Degree and after that they had forwarded it for labour clearance " Now I wants to know that Now is my job safe  ? Means they will definitely hire me ? Or still some some doubt is there ?
Please reply

Dear Sumitran

Thank you for your revert.

Regards

sandeepmala wrote:

Hi everyone ,

I am from India. " My company has ask me to sent my Degree and after that they had forwarded it for labour clearance " Now I wants to know that Now is my job safe  ? Means they will definitely hire me ? Or still some some doubt is there ?
Please reply

Hi sandeepmala,

All I would like to tell you is that until and unless you receive your employment visa in your hand - nothing is for sure.

Clearance delays are notoriously famous here. All you have to do is scan through the forum and you will read about the angst of the many who are suffering because of these inordinate and often times unexplained labour clearance and visa delays.

Hello everyone,
I am going to join a healthcare company of Muscat . I wants to know about the anual increment that what is the average increment they are offering to there employee ? ( in % )

sandeepmala wrote:

Hello everyone,
I am going to join a healthcare company of Muscat . I wants to know about the anual increment that what is the average increment they are offering to there employee ? ( in % )

Hi sandeepmala,

You are guaranteed of a 3% increase in your salary every year.

It is mandatory for all companies as per the Ministry of Manpower rules.