Moving to the uk

I was wondering if there is any information regarding the following.  My husband has a european passport we are originally from south africa.  He has been offered a job in south hampton.  He can work and stay on his European pass port myself however only have a south african pass port does anyone know what visa I should apply for because we will be staying and I would eventually work if necessary.

Hi there,
My hubby and I just gone through that exact same thing! He is German, I'm South African, he had to move to the UK for work, I had to give up my business and stay back in SA for three months to sell off our stuff and the house and get the pets their medical checks to come over. It was by far easier to get the pets their "visa"s than mine!
I wanted to apply for the EEA family permit before leaving [perminantly, which you can do relatively easily if your spouse is an EU citizen. However, the paper work took forever to get together, his company dragged their feet and before I knew it my flight had to leave. Luckily, my visitor's visa was still valid for two months so I took a chance and came over on that. Needless to say, I was held back at border control and scrutinised severely but I didn't lie. I had all the paperwork with me, except for our original marriage certificate (which Hubby had with him and wasn't supposed to - one of the major reasons I couldn't apply for the EEA family permit). Hubby was at Heathrow with his German passport and our marriage certificate, so they eventually did let me in and endorsed my visa for a further 6 months, as a family permit. However, the endorsement did not stipulate that I was allowed to work or earn an income because it was a stamp at Heathrow. Be careful of this! While I know I am legally allowed to work, none of my applications have even been considered because the endorsement is stamped on the visitor's visa page that clearly stipulates not being able to earn and income.
I have now finally submitted my residence card application, which is the next step after the EEA family permit visa and hope to be able to stay here after the endorsement expires at the end of July.
I hope this helps.
In short: look up the EEA family permit visa category for spouses of EU nationals. That should sort things out. P.S. you need to be in the UK to apply for the residence card and when you do apply, you have to send your passport in. It takes about four months to process, during which you won't be able to travel internationally or have any sort of proof of ID. Remember to get a certified copy of your passport first! Preferably certified in the UK.

Hi there thank you for the feedback.  I also have pets do you know how I can travel with them to the uk?

Hi there,
Your best bet and for your own sanity, I recommend you contact a professional pet relocation company. Be careful though, they don't all offer the best service. I started with one company and they had me in tears for two days after a month of emailing and phoning to get info so I changed to a different one. I don't men to advertise in this forum, so send me an email if you want their details. They were super organized, very friendly and, mostly, kept me sane through the difficult relocation. With two dogs and two cats to get across, the one dog having to undergo knee surgery first (it wasn't them that recommended it, she hurt her knee gallivanting on my mom's farm and had to have it done anyway), they kept me sane! More than that, they also managed to get us on a plane on day 91 after the required 90 days from getting their rabies shots.
Medically, you need to make sure all their annual vaccinations are updated, make sure they have microchips that are registered, not on the banned dangerous dog list (if they are dogs) and then inoculated against rabies. Once the rabies shots are given, you need to have blood drawn for a certificate that is tested at Ondersterpoort in Pretoria. Your vet should be able to give you more info and arrange for the blood to be sent their after drawing it. I think the waiting period is two weeks but can't remember exactly.
Once that is all over, you need to gather all their medical info as well as their pedigree docs if they are pure bread.
Then send copies of all the paperwork to Heathrow, or the airport (animal control) where they are going to be inspected after arriving. You might need to kennel them in SA before leaving but the pet transport company will take care of that. Well, ours did.
The original paperwork needs to travel with the pet in a custom made carrier case that must meet the requirements for the pet in question. Once again, all the details will be taken care of by the company moving them.
Send me an email at [email protected] if you want to know who I used and I'll happily give you a referral. The guys I used rock!

Wow what a process. Ok so I can leave rsa with a visitor visa and apply to stay longer and work in the UK?  Do you know anything about the schools there?

Then iv heard dogs cannot bark in the UK is this true?

Please send me the moving company for pets [email protected]