Want to go back to the USA

I am a US citizen here in Paraguay and married to a Paraguayan. She has her us residency card. While here, my passport has expired and her visa to be out of the US has expired. We want to go back to the US and I need to know if anyone has experience with this situation.

Hello rschulenberg

While waiting for members to share advices with you, I invite you to browse through the threads in our Formalities in Paraguay section as well as Visas for Paraguay section to gather some infos.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

You wish you took my advice to the question you posted 1.5 years ago.  Now you have no choice but to start filing for her visa all over again.   Lots of paperwork, lots of money and very long wait, months if not years.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 97#1553596

I hope you can get it all figured out, but I have a question.  Why would anyone want to come back here (usa)? I moved back to take care of my mom until she passed.  Now I am so broke living here it's almost impossible to escape again.  So maybe you should just think a bit more about coming back. The cost of living has done nothing but go up and up.

Should be easy to get your US passport renewed at the US Consulate.  For the spouses visa….umm, that is a whole other can of worms and only the Consulate can answer that with any degree of accuracy.  Good luck!

Thanks for all of the replies. Well, it was kind of a hassel but within a week or two we got it all done and she received her visa. It wasn't as difficult as I had expected but we did have to start the visa process over again.