Global Agro-Ecology/Permaculture

:/ I am 67 and a Global Agro-Ecology/Permaculture Consultant who's passion is education, food security/sovereignty, community health, designing and building self sustaining communities, ecology, environment, care for the planet, people, organic farming etc, 

Im presently working and living in Dominican Republic but am planning my move to Ecuador. I don't know where but will be touring around area around Loja, or Quayaguil or ? seems possibilities. I would consider living and working with any, person,group, organization, community, one that has land they want to develop to be self sustaining and or profitable, organic gardens etc. agro-forestry,construction grade bamboo, flowers,fruits, herbs, spices, medicinal plants and has a budget to do so. And who also has a decent private accommodation available for me to live and be close to my work.

I have lots of good tools for garden, farm work, construction, wood, cement, stone work etc. I teach lecture do workshops etc on all these subject including what every man woman and child should know the truth about Food, Healthy,Nutritious,Medicine,Disease (cancers/diabetes)and Longevity.

I have had several meetings with the Embassy here who is giving me a letter of introduction. I will be in Quito for a short time few days to meet with Ministry of Agriculture, Agriculture Universities and Professors, and the Mayors of some cites, Loja, Quayaguil among my interests.

Whether I achieve my goals with the government or not remains to be seen. But one approach is I am hoping to get land from the government to set up an Agro-Ecology Research Institute, Demonstration, Educational Center & Extension Services.Agro-Eco-Tourism Project where people can come to visit and learn about sustainable organic agriculture.

Positive Comments, Ideas, suggestions are welcome, negative un productive comments are not. I dont need comments on what you think, I think for myself, or what I can do or cant because of government politics etc. I am not looking for opinions, especially uneducated ones, that aren't supported by any researched knowledgeable empirical data.  ;)

Thanks for pre-informing me of what I'm not allowed to say in response.

I can only suppose the Ecuadorans will be equally as enthusiastic about their unwelcome uneducated replies.

Nothing like a good dose of superiority to set the world straight.

MrNatural7 wrote:

:/ I have had several meetings with the Embassy here who is giving me a letter of introduction. I will be in Quito for a short time few days to meet with Ministry of Agriculture, Agriculture Universities and Professors, and the Mayors of some cites, Loja, Quayaguil among my interests.

I think you meant Guayaquil?

Google is your friend for both spelling and general information. Guayaquil is the largest city in Ecuador and I doubt you will find many agricultural opportunities in their metropolis.

One wonders why such a valuable person as yourself would be allowed to stray from the Dominican Republic? Are they not clamoring for your talents?

MrNatural7 wrote:

:/ I am 67 and a Global Agro-Ecology/Permaculture Consultant who's passion is education, food security/sovereignty, community health, designing and building self sustaining communities, ecology, environment, care for the planet, people, organic farming etc, 

Im presently working and living in Dominican Republic but am planning my move to Ecuador. I don't know where but will be touring around area around Loja, or Quayaguil or ? seems possibilities. I would consider living and working with any, person,group, organization, community, one that has land they want to develop to be self sustaining and or profitable, organic gardens etc. agro-forestry,construction grade bamboo, flowers,fruits, herbs, spices, medicinal plants and has a budget to do so. And who also has a decent private accommodation available for me to live and be close to my work.

I have lots of good tools for garden, farm work, construction, wood, cement, stone work etc. I teach lecture do workshops etc on all these subject including what every man woman and child should know the truth about Food, Healthy,Nutritious,Medicine,Disease (cancers/diabetes)and Longevity.

I have had several meetings with the Embassy here who is giving me a letter of introduction. I will be in Quito for a short time few days to meet with Ministry of Agriculture, Agriculture Universities and Professors, and the Mayors of some cites, Loja, Quayaguil among my interests.

Whether I achieve my goals with the government or not remains to be seen. But one approach is I am hoping to get land from the government to set up an Agro-Ecology Research Institute, Demonstration, Educational Center & Extension Services.Agro-Eco-Tourism Project where people can come to visit and learn about sustainable organic agriculture.

Positive Comments, Ideas, suggestions are welcome, negative un productive comments are not. I dont need comments on what you think, I think for myself, or what I can do or cant because of government politics etc. I am not looking for opinions, especially uneducated ones, that aren't supported by any researched knowledgeable empirical data.  ;)

Thanks for the warning.  Hope that response is ok even though there is no researched knowledgeable empirical data included.

Three thoughts:

1. Visit or contact Pakakuna Gardens -- Ecuador's largest botanical gardens, not far from Quito's new airport.  pakakunagardens.org

2. Guayaquil is hot and humid and dangerous -- possibly amenable to certain types of plant life, but not optimal human living.

3. I agree with Top Cat.  Your blatant chilling of opinion and free speech is not worthy of the humane developer you represented yourself to be.

cccmedia in Quito

Like i said i will not reply to negative or misconstrued interpretations of language or opinions.

Pakakuna GARDENS SOUNDS LIKE A  GREAT PLACE TO VISIT, thanks for the positive suggestion,

Gardener1 WHY I am considering leaving the DR is no ones business nor is it my business why you left the US to move to Ecuador or do I care. I am a free spirit that does what I want when I want and make no apologies for it nor do I need to. And yes my talents, knowledge and expertise could be utilized anywhere, as they are here also.

As a previous poster stated and I agreed earlier there are many good reason not to publish anything on open public forums.

I could expound on the reaction I have received from top cat, gardener and ccc but it would be to no avail its obvious you missed the point, so be it,

I didn't come here to attack anyone just state my case brief and to the point.

And your 3rd comment cccmedia wasnt called for nor asked for, but thanks for the 2 positive ones sincerely appreciated. At least you understood and responded correctly in english in your first 2 suggestions.

And as a 3rd world traveler Ecuadorians at least the ones worth knowing and I will do just fine.

I ask all 3 of you exactly what is it you have done for the planet and its people lately.

As for me I have said what my agenda was and rest assured it will be my last post. Wish you well.

hasta luego

I really don't have a dog in this fight.

But it seems to me a bit contradictory, it's "no one's business" to know anything about you yet you went to great lengths, some might say even overboard, to lay out your qualifications and agenda and your post came across as if you'd condescend to come to Ecuador to show the benighted natives some enlightenment, IF they would provide you with decent accommodations and a ready-made project with budget and funds so you could direct them in their otherwise misguided efforts to achieve sustainability nirvana.

For all I know you may really be on the up-and-up but my BS detector started DING DING DING and I had to take the batteries out to get it to shut up.

The word "estafador" popped into my head.  Maybe because my family has had the misfortune to run into a few and so I am super-sensitive.  Especially when I hear something like "what have you done for the planet" showing a kind of "holier-than-thou" attitude.

Hey, internet forums are a tough crowd.  I'm a newcomer to this one - but ya know what?  The people you are reviling have helped many as far as I have seen in their posts.  Both by providing useful information and by popping some balloons that may be carrying some people waaay too high.  And me - I'd much rather get a "roughing up" from this particular crowd, than that they ooh and aah over my wonderful plans and that they all tell me how great I am and how the Ecuadorian or Colombian society has just been waiting for someone like me to hoist on their shoulders and parade around as their savior...

Good luck in your endeavors.  But a healthy skepticism is always warranted in this vale of tears, I don't think you should fault anyone for that.  "Trust, but verify" is also always a useful way to approach things.

It does sound to me like you have many useful talents and a positive attitude - so go forth and multiply, why do you need the help or the words of the people here if you're already doing your thing in the RD?  If you don't need or want comments from these people who actually live in Ecuador as ex-pats and who do have good advice, why did you post?  Maybe just be a bit lower key, ask around without trying so hard to impress?

ooooh I also have to ask you, are you 58 or 67?  Hmmm, the plot thickens...

I am old enough to remember Mr. Natural and Robert Crumb:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Natural_%28comics%29

"Part wise man, part conman"

i dont really care about these negative posts only Americans would be so belligerent to make such comments nor will i respond to them, have fun, as i dont really care what anyone of you think, unless its positive and constructive. Osage i wont respond to your ill thoughts because i wont stoop to your mentality but i was mused with your post and judging by some posts its not only Ecuadorians who need enlightenment as my comments where geared to anyone interested in planet and people and who cares how old i am its irrelevant by picture is posted unlike all the attackers that hide in the shadows. So I ask you who is or are the ------- here. You see who I am who are you.

Oh ya osage thanks for the intellectual treaties you do at least have something of value contained in your words once one get by the BS there is no plot. And so what if I find accommodations along with my work i got nothing to hide i am right there in the open. Do you work for free and supply the tools. Grow up ppl give your head a shake.

Its a real low life that suggest  a person is a con man a fine example of other people posting that refuse to post anything because of the ppl who cant accomplish anything in their own life so attack anyone trying to something good

Well, Mr. Natural, I really do wish you the best - but from my point of view which is probably (and hopefully) the same as that of the Ecuadorian government representatives, unless you can find some particularly gullible ones who are impressed just because you're a foreigner, you'll have to demonstrate that there really is some "value added" that you can bring to the table that would justify letting you sponge off other people's property and resources to teach their grandmothers how to suck eggs, so to speak.  Good Luck!

The posts on this thread are getting off topic and seem rather abusive. I suggest that you all get back on topic please.

I think the responses have been very much on point.  "Give me comments and ideas, but don't tell me what you think or give me your opinions."   :/

Silence!  The Great and Powerful Oz is speaking.   :thanks:

There's definitely someone wearing a tin hat here!  :D

SawMan wrote:

I think the responses have been very much on point.  "Give me comments and ideas, but don't tell me what you think or give me your opinions."   :/

Silence!  The Great and Powerful Oz is speaking.   :thanks:

There's definitely someone wearing a tin hat here!  :D

Yep, think it was pretty obvious to most people exactly which direction this thread was going to be headed. My guess is it'll be shut down within a day or two. TopCat and Osage have pretty much hit the nail on the head with their comments.

Amen Stumpy you hit the nail right on the head thanks for an enlightened and intelligent response. I hope they shut it down as you say I wonder how some of these people sleep at night.

Like I said you can see me, my picture is posted, they hide behind negative rhetoric will being anonymous obviously scared to show their faces.

-closed for analysis-

Closed