Information About Mauritius

I am sure there has been plenty of threads about wanting Information and perhaps this has been mentioned before so apologies if it has been.

There is a small magazine (i got my copy at SIMIS in Cascavelle shopping village) called ISLAND INFO it seems to be published every month and does contain quite a lot of useful information such as car hire places to visit etc. It is FREE and as such could be a useful guide to new expats as well.  The other thing which maybe so simple that people do not think about it.  If you have a mobile phone such as Orange or Emtel I am sure you can just go and get the telephone directory for free as well again there will be a lot of useful information such as utility companies and also you get the yellow pages which of course will give you access to a lot of business details should you need a plumber or electrician etc.   

As I said if all this has been said before then my apologies but it could be a good thing to have the topic near the top again for all the new people.

Island Info magazine is at the airport as well,  I have to agree it is full of information, idea's, places to visit etc

I always tell my visitors to pick one up at the airport, although I am on the mailing list and get a copy every month.

We got them at the airport and it is helpful. Also got the tourist map from super u :D