Close

Filipina Fiance applicant for marriage visa in germany :)

Ayapot02 :

Hi...I'm filipina.
Just want to ask one question.is it possible to marry in Germany even you just have tourists visa?

I don't know whether it is theoretically possible, but I do know that it needs a few months of preparation, thus is practically not possible - unless one of the partners is resident in Germany and only the other comes for the wedding on a tourist visa (and then leaves Germ,any again, as you cannot convert a tourist visa to any other).

hello!

Im kareen am planning to apply fiance visa soon  may i know the requirements? i was confused of what i read so here i am asking you gently.

Thank you

lovelykhareen :

Im kareen am planning to apply fiance visa soon  may i know the requirements? i was confused of what i read so here i am asking you gently.

The official explanation (from the German ministry of foreign affairs and of course in German) is here:
https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/DE/Info … ?nn=350374
Very helpfully, it says about the required documents and procedure: Ask the embassy!
But it also says a marriage visa can be applied for only after the Standesamt (family registry) has received all relevant documents and given their o.k. So you might want to start with that first.
Furthermore, you need to show basic German language skills and your fiancee must be able to bear your living expenses without needing government aid.
(Note: It is easier to marry elsewhere and get a family reunion visa based on a foreign marriage.)

Expatriate health insurance in Germany

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Germany

Moving to Germany

Find tips from professionals about moving to Germany

Travel insurance in Germany

Enjoy stress-free travel to Germany