Newbie!

Hello my name is Whitney I just recently moved to Belgium from Lansing, MI and am trying to meet people and or receive advice on what i should see/do. I'm having difficulty figuring out the bus and rail system (so confusing compared to Switzerland). I play volleyball in the top division here so I have a lot of free time since that is my job. I'm 24 years old and enjoy traveling, photography and sports. I need a partner in crime to help me explore the Belgian nightlife. I also l-o-v-e beer so advice on beers to try fully encouraged and appreciated! Hope to run across and American or two soon (although i don't believe there to be ANY in Turnhout!)

Welcome on Expat-blog Whitney ! :)

haha, I have no idea if there's any Americans in Turnhout, I don't believe I've ever been there myself. But don't let it get you down, the Belgian people are very nice! I'm not so big into the nightlife stuff (and hate nearly all alcohol, haha), but I'd be happy to get together and show you around and whatnot, and explain anything you need help with about the transit stuff. =)

Hello and welcome to Expat.com, Whitney :)
You could always check on the Network of Americans in Belgium to check if anybody is around Turnhout.

I also l-o-v-e beer so advice on beers to try fully encouraged and appreciated!

Prepare yourself then! You have really a lot of choices ahead! And I'd say : they are all good, hehehehe! :D

Cheers
Arlette

hey whitney!!!!

my name is robyn ive been here for nearly 5months now..im 21 next month.;im an au pair here from south africa..i will be in turnhout this weekend by a friend we gonna go clubbing..maybe you would like to meet up? email me on [email protected]

anyway keep well hope to hear from you soon!!!!

Robyn

Hi Whitney,

Am heading across to Belgium myself in a few weeks - will be based in central Brussels rather than Turnhout so am probably of limited use to you though! While I also love beer my volleyball skills are sadly lacking!

How are you finding the social life across there? There seems to be a fait bit going on if you make the effort and you're prepared to try the randon e.g. I'm already signed up to go to a book club review of Stephen Fry's biography!

shane72 wrote:

Hello.;
I am a newbie and am very thankfull for the advice from people who know alot more than me.  please kindly guide me.

hey Shane, followed your link and am interested in your product...very interested indeed! Will I email you all my credit card details?

Notorious, not sure if you're being serious? That Shane person is clearly a spammer, you really do not want to be giving them any info...!

Melby wrote:

Notorious, not sure if you're being serious? That Shane person is clearly a spammer, you really do not want to be giving them any info...!

too late!