Renting an apartment- advice

Hi,

We are working with a relocation agent appointed by my husvbands work and will be looking at some apartments when we are in Moscow next week. Any advice? Things to ensure or look out for?

Thanks

Zali

a landlord that will actually register you at this address, a realtor that is charging a fee not more than %50 of 1 month rent, real working appliances and a guarantee they will be fixed if they break down.....look for apartments with really good security, concierge (just for security), as for locations - - have you ever been here? do you have kids?

Hi

I'm in a similar situation and wondered how you got on.  Did you manage to find what you needed?  Any adivce?  thanks Martin

Almost 3 years in Moscow, and still haven't found an apartment that would not gulp down my salary (I'm a teacher)

Renting here can be expensive and the quality poor.

How expensive (in € or $) are you talking about? on monthly average...
I was planning to move there, too. But everybody talks about the same hard issue of rent and would like to make it sure before taking off
Regards

Hello everyone :)

@kroninboy: These figures are the approximate costs of renting or buying an apartment in Moscow. It is in US dollar. Hope it might help you!

Rent Per Month   
Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre     1,400.00 $
Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre     1,200.00 $
Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City Centre     2,936.67 $
Apartment (3 bedrooms) Outside of Centre 2,083.33 $

Buy Apartment Price   
Price per Square Meter to Buy Apartment in City Centre     8,333.33 $
Price per Square Meter to Buy Apartment Outside of Centre     4,666.67 $

Source: Numbeo