Top 5 tips to live in Libya

Hi,

When you are going to live abroad, you may have a lot of questions. Hence to facilitate you in this process, we are inviting expats to share their top 5 tips with regards to settling and living in Libya.

What recommendations would you give soon-to-be expats in Libya?

How should they prepare efficiently for their expatriation project and settling in?

Please share with us your best advice for a successful expatriation in Libya!

Thank you in advance :)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hello to everyone.Libya is a very nice country but the problem is a deteriorating peace and order and other things that i will no longer tell..Nice to live in this  country but if you have family to support in   your country, better look for another country.

..my advice is that now is not the right time to come here; especially as an expat.

as Fren mentioned above; it is pretty hard to live here even if you had a family to support you.  lack of security, desperate youngsters looking for a job and an increase in costs of living are just some of the difficulties here.

almost 2/3 of the population has fled the country so far to neighboring Egypt and Tunisia for a good reason.  therefore i strongly advise any foreigner in Libya to leave ASAP regardless of unpaid salaries etc.  it could cost you much more.

i do hope to see this beautiful country to prosper again soon. 

in the past few years the locals have endured a miserable living; ravaged by lawlessness, war, discrimination, extremism and a complete lack of support or aid from local institutions or basic services; while the international community sits there and watches after they've actively encouraged the people to topple the regime in 2011.