I am anxious about this relocation

Hi I'm a newbie I stumbled on this site in my confused state and thought I wd try it. My husband is a Trini and he recently returned from trini carnival and reconnected with family and friends. He now wants to relocate to t'n't and is serious about this. I love the idea but I'm rather anxious as our children are 8, 12, and 15 yrs old. I dnt want to disrupt them at this stage. He reminds me that the Ed system is there wc I know but still ... I'm looking for anyone who hv relocated with older children to let me know their experiences please.

I would not recommend moving your 15 year old until after they have done their GCSE's as the exams there are different you van do IGCSE subjects privately but they are much harder than edexel and aqa to pass. People are friendly and life is what you make it if you have alot of money and can afford to live in and around the capital or in a gated community and pay for private schools then life is excellent but if you are of limited means and will be putting your kids in the state system you will want to go for the selective 5 year schools if your kids are bright enough and you can manage to get them in. They will adapt well there as they will meet other expats kids as well as locals.

Hi Joycey,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Trinidad and Tobago forum for more visibility.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers: