Where do I start..moving to Malta

Good morning to you all.
Having finally persuaded my husband to make the move..and now that we can both work over the internet we are at the final planning stage of the move to Malta.  We have a four year old daughter, Chloe, who is due to start school in the UK this September and would really appreciate some basic advice (given that we can live anywhere)

1) I have researched the independent schools and have a good idea of the fees and are ok with them, does anyone have any recommendations?  I particularly like the Montessori model, or at least a school that fits in with those principles but I cannot see a Montessori primary on the island, only a kindergarten.  Can anyone make any recommendations?  Also, does anyone send their children to state schools, I understand they are very good.  Any recommendations there?

2) We would like to live somewhere which is popular with expats, at least in the first instance, to help with settling down.  Can anyone make any recommendations?  We will be renting at first, with a view to buying if we are sure we will stay. 

I know these questions will sound really naive, but we I'm just looking for some general information if at all possible?

Hoping you can help.
Sarah x

Hi Sarah, there is plenty on here to look at that will answer your questions of schooling and where to live. Here are some to start you off, then if you have any other questions feel free to re-post. Primary schools, Areas for Ex-pats families, Monessori

Thank you so much, I will have a good look around the site.  Just confused about english/maltese, I really want Chloe to learn Maltese but I don't want her to struggle so I think perhaps the independent schools might be best, making sure that they are taught Maltese at the same time.