Inquire Bahrain residence visa procedure

Hi friends,

I'm from China.  I am working in Saudi now ( Before I worked in Bahrain ). For my children's education (my children are studying in the international school of choueifat now ), my family is living in Bahrain.  My wife already bought a property ( an apartment of Lulu tower ) in Bahrain under her name. 

We have a few of questions about residence visa application as following,

1. Could she apply a residence visa as 'The foreigner who has an owner of a property in Bahrain' ?

2. In the required documents, 
1)'Certificate of good conduct deed. '
where she can get 'Certificate of good conduct deed ' ?  From China ?

2) 'The applicant must have a source of income sufficient enough to support himself and his dependents not to be less than five hundred Bahraini Dinars (500 BD) per month. '   
Could I provide my salary record and a marriage certificate to prove her income ?  Or could she provide a Chinese bank record under her name to prove her income (she has steady income through house lease)?

3)'A bank certificate confirming that property owner has a fixed deposit not less than 15.000 BD in one of the Kingdom financial institutions and to be committed every 6 months. The certificate needs to be submitted at the time of renewal. '
If she deposits 15000BD in Bahrain bank now , can she use the bank certificate immidiately ? What's meaning of 'to be committed every 6 months'  ?  Do it mean she have to deposit the money in bank for long term ?

3. How to apply residence visa for my children ?  What documents are required ?

Does anyone have experience of residence visa application ? Appreciate your help !

I also want to know , about dependents !

How does a Self Sponsorship applicant apply for his dependents ?

zhaoxs wrote:

Hi friends,

I'm from China.  I am working in Saudi now ( Before I worked in Bahrain ). For my children's education (my children are studying in the international school of choueifat now ), my family is living in Bahrain.  My wife already bought a property ( an apartment of Lulu tower ) in Bahrain under her name. 

We have a few of questions about residence visa application as following,

1. Could she apply a residence visa as 'The foreigner who has an owner of a property in Bahrain' ?

2. In the required documents, 
1)'Certificate of good conduct deed. '
where she can get 'Certificate of good conduct deed ' ?  From China ?

2) 'The applicant must have a source of income sufficient enough to support himself and his dependents not to be less than five hundred Bahraini Dinars (500 BD) per month. '   
Could I provide my salary record and a marriage certificate to prove her income ?  Or could she provide a Chinese bank record under her name to prove her income (she has steady income through house lease)?

3)'A bank certificate confirming that property owner has a fixed deposit not less than 15.000 BD in one of the Kingdom financial institutions and to be committed every 6 months. The certificate needs to be submitted at the time of renewal. '
If she deposits 15000BD in Bahrain bank now , can she use the bank certificate immidiately ? What's meaning of 'to be committed every 6 months'  ?  Do it mean she have to deposit the money in bank for long term ?

3. How to apply residence visa for my children ?  What documents are required ?

Does anyone have experience of residence visa application ? Appreciate your help !

1. If the property is worth not less than BD. 50,000/- (fifty thousand dinars.) she can apply for it

2. Good Conduct Certificate is from CID office in Adliya, near the Alumni Club. You go there, pay 1BD, they will take your finger print of 10 fingers. The paper will be ready in about one week.

3. Regarding bank deposit , I guess every 6 months you have to show the proof that the funds are in the bank !

4. Regarding family visa , I have no idea , but I guess someone who has applied for "Self Sponsorship" can explain better !

gunner has covered the issues adequately.

A few additions below:

2) Income of BHD500 per month:- Your income from Saudi Arabia and the marriage certificate will be sufficient for this requirement. The house lease income will also be helpful if you need to show the "full picture".

3) Bank deposit of BHD15,000 is a new requirement. It was not there before. I took a look at the Nationality, Passports and Residents Affairs (NPRA) website. It appears you will have to place a fixed deposit for 6 months and renew it each time also for 6 months. Sounds a bit harsh in my view.

4) Once the main applicant has got their residence permits, they can apply for the dependents residence permits.

I'm going through the same process. Please share your word of wisdom.
There is also requirement for health insurance. Could you advice what kind of policy they are looking for? What kind of coverage?
Is the bank deposit necessary for first application or only renewal?
Did you need to apply for 3 months multiple entry visa first?

Mvoparin wrote:

I'm going through the same process. Please share your word of wisdom.
There is also requirement for health insurance. Could you advice what kind of policy they are looking for? What kind of coverage?
Is the bank deposit necessary for first application or only renewal?
Did you need to apply for 3 months multiple entry visa first?

Under which condition are you applying for self sponsorship ?
Buying property  ? Investment ?

Buying a property

Insurance is required.
It's cheap,  a basic insurance costs 200 BD for two years.
You get access to health centres at nominal fee.
As I guess you are already working in Saudi so you don't need a comprehensive insurance in Bahrain
Just go for a basic one.

Bank deposit is required in beginning :)
Also you don't need a 3 months visa,  just enter on any kind of visa :)

Good luck and here's the direct contact for Self Sponsorship +97317399712.
Call them up incase of any questions.

You can even ask me questions if you have because I've gone through the same process.

I think it worth to post some updated on process I'm going through...

- Health insurance was no problem and I got it for 60BD/year. Although be aware that AXA requires CPR first. So try with different company.
- There is a problem to open bank account without CPR. I've tried with HSBC and Ahli United so far. Both refused. As you can see there is a conflict in requirements. Can somebody advise which bank can open account without CPR?
- I cannot obtain Good Conduct Certificate without CPR!

Good conduct certificate should be issued from Saudi Arabia as you're a resident in Saudi.

Regarding bank you can open with Saudi Iqama in NBB bank or Citi Bank too.

Also note,  you can get a temporary CPR from immigration department if you have all the documents (except bank deposit)  because usually most banks need CPR,  you'll get temporary CPR from immigration department to open bank account :)

I quoted this form gunner757

"Regarding bank you can open with Saudi Iqama in NBB bank or Citi Bank too."

But I tried with every bank in Bahrain but they need Smart card or Bahrain CPR

mias3525 wrote:

I quoted this form gunner757

"Regarding bank you can open with Saudi Iqama in NBB bank or Citi Bank too."

But I tried with every bank in Bahrain but they need Smart card or Bahrain CPR

Hi,
Did you manage to get your CPR finally?

No I did't get the smart card .Only this CPR paper which does't not help with any bank to open account .

Go to Self Sponsorship section in Bahrain Immigration "NPRA" , tell them you need to have a temporary CPR to open a bank account .

That's what I did for my father when he needed a bank account to deposit a F.D of 5,000 BD .

But this was when we needed to have fixed deposits for a bank account in order to get Self Sponsored visa .

Now they removed the F.D requirement .

If you're a resident of Saudi you can open a bank account with NBB  without CPR card .
Also Citi Bank offered to open a bank account without CPR .

Have you visited Citi Bank ?