An option to move to Bucharest with two infants

Hi All,

I have given an option to move to Bucharest with a favorable position with my Company. My initial concern is 1.5 years old kid and the new born.

My wife speaks both German and English, whereas I speak Turkish and English. Do you think, we would find a decent lady in Bucharest whom we can communicate, willing to live with us or at least work in our house for 6 days a week. What would be the cost?

The other question is more specific. Do you think there are schools suitable for our 1.5 years old kid. We are not seeking for a full time attendance. It might be a 2-3 days heat up enrollment. Any experience with how to get over the language barrier for 1.5 years old kid at school?

Thanks in advance.

(moderated: no ads please)

Hi. It is possible to find a lady to take care of your child, just post an ad on the Romanian job sites, there sure are a few: ejobs, bestjobs, jobsinro and so on. Just add the .ro and tye it into google or into your browser. Make sure to choose a person who speaks English or German and has experience with children. Since the crisis stroke, I saw journalists becoming baby sitters, so there will be plenty of people applying for the job. When it comes to prices... I know some people that will work for 400-600 euros or even less. Depends on how good a negotiator you are.
Schools... of course there are schools. Since your baby is not so old, try a kindergarten. There are a few that teach English and German. Google them, or try the services of a relocation agency, there are a few quite good in Bucharest.

Hi

I can recommend the International school inspe.ro. Contact the principal, Ms Ela Robinson to discuss your requirements. i can send you a presentation if required

Best regards

Dean Edgar

Hello!

As far as I know Olga Gudin kindergarten accepts kids from the age of 1 year and a half. It costs about 450 Euro/ month.

Hello.
It's wise of you to look  into things like this before you get here, and it's not something to be taken lightly, especially when it comes to small children. As mentioned in previous posts, there are ways and possibilities, all needing careful consideration, depending also on the area where you will be located.