Family joining visa and required designation

Hi,
I am a diploma holder (3year course) in engineering and working in oman since last 2 yrs. My co's p.r.o. says that diploma holders are not eligible to get the engineer designation on labour card. I want to bring my family here as i am having family status given by the company. But p.r.o says that only those ppl who are having designation engineer or above on the labour card are eligible to get the family joining visa. I checked the gov. Websites but was unable to find any detailed info.
Plz. Guide in this matter.

Hello ulhas,

Welcome to Expat-Blog,

You can try to see topics on the Oman forum about Information on visas in Oman maybe you can find some discussion on this matter.

I hope you get some good responds soon.

Thank you,

Marjorie

Hello Marjorie,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, i ve gone through the various threads regarding visa and got answers to some of my queries. I will be thankful if i get the info on whether a diploma engineer is eligible to get the engineer designation on the labour card or not.
Thanx again.

ulhas wrote:

Hi,
I am a diploma holder (3year course) in engineering and working in oman since last 2 yrs. My co's p.r.o. says that diploma holders are not eligible to get the engineer designation on labour card. I want to bring my family here as i am having family status given by the company. But p.r.o says that only those ppl who are having designation engineer or above on the labour card are eligible to get the family joining visa. I checked the gov. Websites but was unable to find any detailed info.
Plz. Guide in this matter.

Hi ulhas,

If you are a Diploma Holder, then how can you expect to be given an Engineer's designation ?

About your other query, if your company has provided you family status, then it is their responsibility to make sure that they make all arrangements fro your wife to join you. Throw the ball back in their court. Tell them that 'you have provided me with the family status and so do what it takes so that my wife can join me.'

You can do nothing by yourself. Everything official needs to be done and routed only through your company / employer / sponsor.

Good luck.

Hi Sumitran,
Thanks for d info.