Traveling with an Australian Permanent Visa

hello everyone, I would like to know the terms and conditions with traveling once I am a holder of the Australian permanent visa. Can I live and work abroad? I.g. I would like to relocate to Germany. Would I still be able to return to Australia at will?

Breukelengirl2 wrote:

hello everyone, I would like to know the terms and conditions with traveling once I am a holder of the Australian permanent visa. Can I live and work abroad? I.g. I would like to relocate to Germany. Would I still be able to return to Australia at will?

I suggest that you check out this website www.immi.gov.au for the information. There used to be a time limit in length of stay out of Australia if you had PR.
Having PR will not make getting overseas employment any easier.

Breukelengirl2 wrote:

I suggest that you check out this website   immi.gov.au for the information. There used to be a time limit in length of stay out of Australia if you had PR.
Having PR will not make getting overseas employment any easier.

Breukelengirl2 wrote:

@mikebaste21

:unsure

Any reason for just quoting other posts and not writing anything  yourself.??   

If you have no information on the subject then please do not post at all.

Copy / paste is not tolerated on the forum and it may lead to you being banned by the administrators.

Thank you for your understanding.

I've seen the website. It is not specific. I'm still confused after all. 👎 but thanks for your help.

Breukelengirl2 wrote:

I've seen the website. It is not specific. I'm still confused after all. 👎 but thanks for your help.

Perhaps it may be best to contact them by email for the information. 
If you only have PR and not citizenship then you cannot work overseas as an Australian. You must have Australian passport for visas and work permits.

Breukelengirl2 wrote:

Your Australian PR will have an expiry date on it. 
A: If you stay in Australia, you do NOT need to renew it.
B: If it expires while you are on holiday outside Australia, then you cannot return at will.

If you leave Australia, you need to renew your permanent visa by use of the RRV (Residents Return Visa).
This is normally issued for 5 years for the first time. 
You need to return to Australia within the validity time of that visa.

If the Visa runs out, and you are out of Australia, then you may need to apply for Immigration again.

If you stay out of the country for too long, ie by relocating to another country, then Immigration may assume that you no longer need Residency, and just issue the 3 month RRV in the future.

Resident Return visa
(subclass 155 - 1 year or 5 Years)

Subclass 155 Resident Return visa
You might be able to be granted this visa if you:
1: have spent a period totalling two years in the last five years in Australia as either an Australian permanent resident or citizen (the 'residence requirement').

(subclass 157 - 3 months)
You might be able to be granted this visa if you:
1: have lawfully spent at least one day in the past five years in Australia
2: have spent less than two years in the past five years in Australia
3: have been a permanent resident or an Australian citizen for the entire period spent in Australia
4: can show a compelling and compassionate reason for having to leave Australia or, if you are outside Australia, for leaving when you did

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/155-157.aspx