Permanent visa refusal urgent help

Hello

Please help me, I'm desperate since today after having almost everything ready to move to KSA, it was just a matter of waiting my notice period to end, I got this email:

"I am really sorry to inform you that the Government has refused your request to issue a working visa (permanent visa) and we will not be able to continue our contract with you. If you have any inquiries please feel free to contact us at any time.

Thank you

Regards,"

After being shicked with this email, I ask why that happened and I got the answer below:

"We have applied here in the Saudi government to request a permanent visa for you but it has been rejected due to there is no Honduras Nationality in our system.  "

What can I do now, is that normal to happen? Honestly I do not believe that's the real motives for not issue the visa.

What option may I have now?

Kind Regards,

Ola.

is there a Saudi Embassy in Honduras? If there is, go there immediately. nunca proxima semana! rapido!
and ask if they can process for you a work visa going to KSA. show them your contract. whatever results you get from the embassy, inform your would-be employer. permanent visa processing is done once you are inside Saudi.

mannyd wrote:

Ola.

is there a Saudi Embassy in Honduras? If there is, go there immediately. nunca proxima semana! rapido!
and ask if they can process for you a work visa going to KSA. show them your contract. whatever results you get from the embassy, inform your would-be employer. permanent visa processing is done once you are inside Saudi.

Hello,

I contact the embassy in Mexico since there is none in Honduras, they mentioned that het haven't any confirmation to not issue visas for Honduras Citizens, and that the refusal has to be for another reason.

They confirmed that Honduras Citizens can process visas through KSA embassy in Mexico, and that the email received was weird since I was going to travel initially with a Visit Visa and not a permanent visa.
I will forward that response from the embassy to the company and see what they say now why they sent that email.

Kind Regards,

rdmedranoo wrote:
mannyd wrote:

Ola.

Hello,

I contact the embassy in Mexico since there is none in Honduras, they mentioned that het haven't any confirmation to not issue visas for Honduras Citizens, and that the refusal has to be for another reason.

They confirmed that Honduras Citizens can process visas through KSA embassy in Mexico, and that the email received was weird since I was going to travel initially with a Visit Visa and not a permanent visa.
I will forward that response from the embassy to the company and see what they say now why they sent that email.

Kind Regards,

Forgot to mentioned I just have the job offer and no contract since they told me I was going to signed it once I arrive to KSA

Hi

What do you think of this explanation? This is what I received as an answer when I said that the permanent visa has to be processed once I arrive to KSA.

"Yes your completely right, but we have already asked the government even if you enter KSA we won't be able to transfer your visit visa to a working visa because the Government system does not have HN national in the system so it will be denied so you can stay with a visit visa for a couple of months only then you have to leave the country and apply for a new visa. noting that with a visit visa you won't be able to open a bank account."

Regards,

rdmedranoo wrote:

Hi

What do you think of this explanation? This is what I received as an answer when I said that the permanent visa has to be processed once I arrive to KSA.

"Yes your completely right, but we have already asked the government even if you enter KSA we won't be able to transfer your visit visa to a working visa because the Government system does not have HN national in the system so it will be denied so you can stay with a visit visa for a couple of months only then you have to leave the country and apply for a new visa. noting that with a visit visa you won't be able to open a bank account."

Regards,

Please any help? Where can I ask if there are problems to get my permanent visa due to my nationality? I need urgent help with this please I am getting desperate and really worried as I already quit my previous work.

Has law really changed? Where ca I see this new law since I have been plenty of hours in google trying to find information of this new law but haven't see anything yet

Thank you in advance,

" you can stay with a visit visa for a couple of months only then you have to leave the country and apply for a new visa. noting that with a visit visa you won't be able to open a bank account."
their reply is correct. without a permanent resident visa you can't open a bank account where the company will send the salary electronically. the only way for your to stay longer is renew or reapply for a new visa once you are in saudi and ask  them to release your salary in cash.

mannyd wrote:

" you can stay with a visit visa for a couple of months only then you have to leave the country and apply for a new visa. noting that with a visit visa you won't be able to open a bank account."
their reply is correct. without a permanent resident visa you can't open a bank account where the company will send the salary electronically. the only way for your to stay longer is renew or reapply for a new visa once you are in saudi and ask  them to release your salary in cash.

Thank you mannyd, how many times can I renew the visit visa? But do you know if there are nationalities that cannot apply to permanent visa?

i have no idea about nationalities that can't get a visa.

you might as well discuss the possibility with your would-be employer to give a multi-entry business visa.  good luck.

mannyd wrote:

i have no idea about nationalities that can't get a visa.

you might as well discuss the possibility with your would-be employer to give a multi-entry business visa.  good luck.

This is the last email I got from them, I am changing name and removing company name for obvious reasons:

Mr. Y is the recruiter from the headhunter company
X COMPANY is the company hiring me
Y COMPANY is the headhunter company
Mr. x it's me.

"Dear Mr. Y,

Greetings from X COMPANY.

I really appreciate COMPANY Y, for bringing this matter to my notice.

I would assure you & COMPANY Y that X COMPANY will be at loss and not the agency/ candidate, if we are not getting Mr. X on the board.

We applied work visa for Mr. X, the request was rejected by Ministry of labor, KSA and we have applied for Visit visa, it was rejected by Ministry of Foreign affairs (MOFA).

We tried our level best to get Mr. X's visa, but it failed.

There is one last way, we will send Invitation letter to Mr. X addressing Saudi Embassy in Mexico for a visit visa.

I hope it will be accepted, once he arrives in KSA via visit visa. We will apply  for Residence visa.

Here we have to understand, what happens if Saudi Embassy in Mexico reject his application?

1)      X COMPANY will not be responsible for application rejection or any other expenses .
2)      X COMPANY will not pay any recruitment fees .
3)      Agency responsible to communicate with the candidate.

and what happens if his residence visa is rejected in KSA (after he arrives KSA via visit visa)?

1)      X COMPANY will not be responsible for Residence visa rejection or any other expenses.
2)      X COMPANY will not pay any recruitment fees until he getting change in his visa status (Visit to Residence)
3)      X COMPANY will not be responsible to book for Mr. X return ticket.

I hope this clears the air."

Headhunter company and its recruiter advice me to not take this opportunity under this circumstances since it is very very risky, and in their opinion something is not good there.

What do you think?

Kind regards,

#Rdmedrano

The letter said it well and it's better that you accept it.
Company X will not be obligated in case you encounter visa problems. At the same time co X don't want you encounter a problem here.
Suffice it to say that there are government rules that must be followed.
I think as I analyzed the problem, there is no diplomatic relationship between Honduras and KSA. if there is, then visa will not be a problem.
I emphatize with your willingness and frustrations at the same time.
There are other opportunities somewhere else.

mannyd wrote:

#Rdmedrano

The letter said it well and it's better that you accept it.
Company X will not be obligated in case you encounter visa problems. At the same time co X don't want you encounter a problem here.
Suffice it to say that there are government rules that must be followed.
I think as I analyzed the problem, there is no diplomatic relationship between Honduras and KSA. if there is, then visa will not be a problem.
I emphatize with your willingness and frustrations at the same time.
There are other opportunities somewhere else.

Dear mannyd,

Thank you very much for your feedback, it seems that could be the problem, diplomatic relations.

Do you know if it is the same rules in other Middle East countries? For example I've applied for jobs in Dubai, or can I seek in Qatar, Bahrain? I'm Not sure if there is diplomatic relations there, I know Honduras have an Embassy in Kuwait, but I don't know if that is a good country for expats.

Or maybe you know where can I investigate what I said above. Now unfortunately I realized that there will be no more reasons to apply or accept KSA jobs.

Kind Regards,

Dear Rdmedrano,

Unfortunately I am not surprised by the difficulty you are facing, as anything which is not the normal procedure can cause big delays and confusion. Although I am not familiar with Honduras procedures, I am aware that this is happening to other nationalities. For example they are not issuing new visas to Syrian nationals since they closed there embassy there. I would also imagine that Sweedish nationals may also face a similar problem at the moment (although not confirmed).

My only advice would be to look at the job offer. If it is really a once in a lifetime opportunity then perhaps it may be worth the effort (believe me I am sure if you come it will be a headache to get things done). If the offer is just ok and you think I can be matched in another country I wouldn't risk it.

All the best. Keep us updated with how it goes!

I am not surprised at all. In fact you're probably blessed that it was rejected. I am about to leave with my family and return to Australia after a year working here and trying to have my step-son recognised ON MY IQAMA, as women CANNOT SPONSOR THEIR OWN CHILDREN!!!!!!!
THIS S NOT A COUNTRY I WOULD EVER RETURN TO......biggest mistake of my life.

Dear, we don't know the ground reality, but now in KSA labor office has online system they keep the record of each organization's number of employees foreigners/Saudis and they allocated the quota for each nationality accordingly the situation of respective organization.

For example if your organization has already same nationality employees up to the maximum limit, so may be the govt cant grant the visas/transfers for new incumbents.

Thanks

adamb123 wrote:

Dear Rdmedrano,

Unfortunately I am not surprised by the difficulty you are facing, as anything which is not the normal procedure can cause big delays and confusion. Although I am not familiar with Honduras procedures, I am aware that this is happening to other nationalities. For example they are not issuing new visas to Syrian nationals since they closed there embassy there. I would also imagine that Sweedish nationals may also face a similar problem at the moment (although not confirmed).

My only advice would be to look at the job offer. If it is really a once in a lifetime opportunity then perhaps it may be worth the effort (believe me I am sure if you come it will be a headache to get things done). If the offer is just ok and you think I can be matched in another country I wouldn't risk it.

All the best. Keep us updated with how it goes!

Hello adamb123,
Thank you for your response, actually I decided not to take the risk, and I said to the company to stop our job offer si ce I have a very young family, and I don't want to put them in a risk situation. I will try to find some new offer in other Middle East country or maybe Australia or some other country.
I really appreciate your advice

Kind regards,

Stefano90 wrote:

I am not surprised at all. In fact you're probably blessed that it was rejected. I am about to leave with my family and return to Australia after a year working here and trying to have my step-son recognised ON MY IQAMA, as women CANNOT SPONSOR THEIR OWN CHILDREN!!!!!!!
THIS S NOT A COUNTRY I WOULD EVER RETURN TO......biggest mistake of my life.

Stefano90 so sorry to know that you had a really bad experience in KSA, as you said,maybe it was better to being rejected.

Why you move to KSA? You're from Australia? I thought Australia has a great labour market, I was even looking the way to relocate to Australia now that I am not moving to KSA.

Thank you for your comment,

Kind Regards,

AMINKHAN1 wrote:

Dear, we don't know the ground reality, but now in KSA labor office has online system they keep the record of each organization's number of employees foreigners/Saudis and they allocated the quota for each nationality accordingly the situation of respective organization.

For example if your organization has already same nationality employees up to the maximum limit, so may be the govt cant grant the visas/transfers for new incumbents.

Thanks

Dear friend,

If that could be the reason if there anyway that can change, and ,y visa can be granted?

I guess I was going to be the only Honduran in the whole kingdom.

Thank you so much for your feddback

Yes, Australia is better but the labour market is drying up too under a terrible Government. The Abbott Government was one of the reasons I 'escaped' Australia.  We came to KSA on the misguided assumption that we could do a year or 2 in good university jobs, pay off some debt and give our son an international experience/education. I always knew it would be hard but nothing prepared us for what has occurred here. The Saudi mind set is completely closed and the treatment of women and foreigners generally is abominable. If you are single, it's tolerable but with a family it is very difficult. Even though we are living on a western compound, life is fairly dull and going out onto the streets of Riyadh is like living in the TV series The Walking Dead. If you are still motivated to come, please do lots of research before coming. If you love art, music, food, a clean environment, movies, pleasant outdoor activities and talking to people like I do, forget this place. It's a brutal, depraved country for anyone like me.

Stefano90 wrote:

Yes, Australia is better but the labour market is drying up too under a terrible Government. The Abbott Government was one of the reasons I 'escaped' Australia.  We came to KSA on the misguided assumption that we could do a year or 2 in good university jobs, pay off some debt and give our son an international experience/education. I always knew it would be hard but nothing prepared us for what has occurred here. The Saudi mind set is completely closed and the treatment of women and foreigners generally is abominable. If you are single, it's tolerable but with a family it is very difficult. Even though we are living on a western compound, life is fairly dull and going out onto the streets of Riyadh is like living in the TV series The Walking Dead. If you are still motivated to come, please do lots of research before coming. If you love art, music, food, a clean environment, movies, pleasant outdoor activities and talking to people like I do, forget this place. It's a brutal, depraved country for anyone like me.

So you will not recommend me to look Australia as a new home? Or a place where I can search for a good job and move with my family?

Definitely try Australia. You and your family will need a visa no doubt. Australia is mutli-cultural, open and democratic. The current Abbott Government will lose the next election (2016) and hopefully the Labor Government will win to restore a more caring society. What profession are you in?

Stefano90 wrote:

Definitely try Australia. You and your family will need a visa no doubt. Australia is mutli-cultural, open and democratic. The current Abbott Government will lose the next election (2016) and hopefully the Labor Government will win to restore a more caring society. What profession are you in?

I have a industrial business administration bachelor degree plus a business administration associate degree, and I have work experience as sales manager and retail store manager. As far as I know is not that easy to get a job in Australia as a foreign.

that's right. Australia has tightened the laws on work visas and immigration. This is partially due to the Government we currently have. I would suggest looking at the following link to get more information.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/Work.aspx