Marriage / Divorce Question

Good morning,

I have a question, I wonder if anyone in the know can answer. I was married to a Turkish man (in Turkey) for 10 years, we recently divorced in the UK (I have been living between Cairo and the UK for work), having been separated for 5 years.

As I have been working in Cairo for the last few years on and off, I have been in a relationship with an Egyptian man and wish to get married, now that my divorce is finalised in the UK. As far as I was aware, my divorce paper from the UK stands in Cairo, and I am no longer married to my ex-husband.  However, do I also require a divorce (or registration of my divorce) to happen in Turkey for it be recognised in Egypt also?

I hope that makes sense, can anyone shed any light?

Thank you!

Good morning Ell10B

Here u r

The terms , procedures & documents that required for foreigners marriage in Egypt :

The marriage process make at the Egyptian's ministry of justice - foreigners marriage office – 4th floor - lazogle square – Cairo …. With the follow steps
1-Attendance in person the both of wife & husband
2-Attendance of 2 Attesting witness + family stamp ( u can buy it from mogamma )
3-The age between the husband & wife shouldn't exceed than 25 years.
4-The age of the wife or husband shouldn't be less than 21 years.
5-The visa of the foreign wife in Egypt should be non tourist residence.
6-Presenting a certificate from the embassy of the foreign party ( wife ) that's  prove her (Marital status – age – religion ) … that the egyptian law only recognize of the ( Islam – Christianity – Judaism ) as religion .
7- Presenting a certificate from the embassy of the foreign party (wife) that her country not objected at this marriage.       

So if u get the certificate from u embassy that is prove ur Marital status as divorced woman … so u don't need to register ur divorce any where else .

For any further legal support …. Don't hesitate to inbox me.

Good luck

It's not my post but i trully wud like to thank you Rowad for your outstanding effort to answer to so many inquires here.......................but wait, my felliw world: the age between husband and wife shudnt exceed 25 years old.......what can I say? Ole! :cool:

Hi meme1

Thank u for ur words ….. but truly I didn't get ur point … but I think u know this requirements very will …. About this condition (The age difference between husband and wife should not be more than 25 years ) …. This 1 make to stop a lot of problems that was happened for little young Egyptian's girls was enforced to marry from Oldsters arab men for money .   

That s it ……… if have any notes ? … u r welcome

Afternoon,

Thank you Al Rowaad for your helpful information on the marriage process in Egypt.  I think my fiancé and I have that sussed out now :)

I have spoken to the British Consulate this morning in Cairo, and they have assured me, that from their side, they are happy that my divorce decree in the UK - is final and stands with them.  They have no problem accepting it / translating / reproducing it.

My fiancé has since spoken to a very nice gentleman at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Cairo who has also assured him that my divorce decree from the UK is valid, regardless of where I married before.  I suppose my concern is that my marital status in Turkey is ‘married', and it won't be to my new husband – despite having a divorce decree in the UK!  It will remain that way unless I pay silly money for power of attorney / lawyer / registration of it at the Family Courts in Turkey.

In this day and age, people get married in different countries from their home one but divorce in the one where they ‘domicile' (in my instance, the UK), but it was a concern that it would be questioned in Egypt, especially being a Muslim country.

I just don't want to do anything wrong. 

Thanks again,

Kind regards,
Ellen

al rowaad wrote:

Hi meme1

This 1 make to stop a lot of problems that was happened for little young Egyptian's girls was enforced to marry from Oldsters arab men for money .   

That s it ……… if have any notes ? … u r welcome

U got my point. :top: